Whats the answer?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by amit82cse, Jan 30, 2006.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

yay!!! good to know i am good at "something" .. pheww ... thanks amit82cse .. got anymore?

2. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

All right....you want more....here is one:

Attached Files:

• q.GIF
      q.GIF
      File size:
      14.3 KB
      Views:
  3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

@amit.. u know ankur? :think:

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Smithson Tennant:grin:

5. amit82cse

I know couple of ankur, which ankur you are talking about?

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

is that the right answer?

7. amit82cse

This name may help you getting closer to the answer. In other words this is NOT AN ANSWER ;)

Also please justify your answer completely on the basis of what have been said in the puzzle.

8. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

i saw the same puzzle's on this dude ankur's blog, so asked :)

and i know the answer but wont say ;)

9. shak

shak Harrr!

smithson tennant! kudos to dactur!!

made it hell lot easier for me .. i admit .. i wouldnt have come close if doc had not helped .. .right. .
    smithson tennant, born 1761, in selby yorkshire ... now as the puzzle goes .. a tennant discovered me and made history ,,
    tennant discovered many things .. 1) diamond is composed of carbon 2) iridium adn 3) element osmium ..
    now answer is any one of these ... which one?? no idea .. but still working

10. shak

shak Harrr!

good .. made some headway .. puzzle goes. . "borrowed my number" .. could this be the atomic number? avagadros number? what else "number" can we associate with tennant's discoveries?
    byt the way carbon=6 osmium=76 and iridium=77 (courtesy of google .. i am rubbish at chem)

11. shak

shak Harrr!

no cant be the elements ... none of these go around the earth .. did tennant alos discovered some celestial objects?

12. amit82cse

@shak...dude..i love your progress :)

13. amit82cse

you better not say that!

send me the url to the site via PM so that i can make sure that next riddle will not collide :think:

14. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

ok .. shak n doc .. really inspired me .. check this .. https://kb.iu.edu/data/afmc.html .. Fortran is a high level lang which "formulates n translates" .. version 77!!!!!! .. atomic no of Iridium 77 .. SHAK :nw: .. Celestial objects .. goin round da earth .. but not tennant .. but again .. After Fortran - Project by IBM .. i searched for IBM projects related to space .. n Iridium was a sattelite project by IBM https://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3457/is_20_11/ai_55938906..
    Dammit .. it is IRIDIUM .. Yes . it is

15. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Break da ICE!!! .. look at this .. https://www.sandm.co.uk/simon/comjourns/Online_World/Geeks/geeks.html
    Read it carefully Again da number "77" .. there were gonna be 77 satellites .. but Iridium project has only 66 successful .. and 66 is one number short of da devil 666 i.e missed da devil by one .. bring on da next one ;) (though i still didn't get da last line :think:)

16. amit82cse

Great notty! IRIDIUM is a right answer.

wow guys...you are now picking up the speed.

@notty, were you able to relate following lines with your answer?

I missed the devil by one over the boundary
    called earth and left everyone in quandary

17. amit82cse

good notty devil's number is resolved!

18. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

of course i related da line I missed da devil .... 66 satellites were successful .. n 666 is da devil's no. .. so missed 666 by one right ? .. 66 ?? i think over the boundary is juz to confuse .. n didn't get da last line .. but everything else proves its Iridium so i don't think after spending "CONTINUOUS HALF HOUR" over it .. i have da energy to relate da last line phew :p:

19. amit82cse

No probs....

Here is the last line...

"Calling planet earth" tag line for Iridium project.

reps : can't give need to spread little more :) some points though!

20. amit82cse

notty does not seem to have much energy left to try next one :p: but those who are ON can take this one....

Attached Files:

• qn.GIF
      qn.GIF
      File size:
      7.8 KB
      Views: