...wHaTs NeXt....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vini, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ElysiaN

ElysiaN d@Rk\/\/@|\|deReR

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LMAO

extending your argument, i may also state
    Corollary: dont buy an electric guitar

Wherever she is supposed to play with amp, she will in any case require a microphone. Why dont you get that point across.

And wherever she gets an amp (I really dunno about her plans) she will have a mic (if not then atleast she will require it)
    So better buy a mic.

sixstringsin likes this.
  3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

yeah..gibtone is nice..but im sorry to say i already have a givson 125 and now i want a thinner n slick semi acoustic.

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

If you want a true acoustic sound when you play, as opposed to a jazz guitar type sound, go for a mike with a F-cut acoustic. No pickup will reproduce the sound properly. I misunderstood what you wanted earlier (the Carlton and BD thing)..those are semi-hollow electrics as opposed to acoustics with a pickup on them.

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Well .. i guess its useless arguing wid u .. u seem to be one stubborn bud .. so here's some personal experience .. i was told to perform at Planet M while i was teachin a friend at a coffee shop below planet M .. i wen't upstairs .. he had one mic .. n i connected muh guitar to da DJ's system n started playin .. GOT DAT ?? it doesn't mean u have to carry amplifier everywhere .. juz dat if u go to any malls n stuff .. u could directly plug in da system n hit da strings .. If u still don't understand .. lemme know ..

6. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Get a Hobner -265.
    Get it attached to your PC.
    Hobner with pik-ups wd cost u arnd - 3000/-(depends on how much u can bargain)

Or else since u already have one wait for sometime and get a better guitar(electric if u know the basics).

Im myself a beginner and i got Montana 104 N(acquostic with pikups) for 7000( a bit expensive) but it has nice tone and a very gud feel on the fretboard.

rest is ur choice.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

notty - nope i really didnt get ya. but its ok. lets forget it all.

abhijit - yeah, thats what i was trying to say all along

but vini, this might be subjective and based on personal preference, but dreadnaught body (with sound hole) has a better acoustic tone than the other body (with f-holes)

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Oh these Ifs and BUTs and differing opinions...
    Hobner 265 :think: thats the third time..m gettin this suggestion..alright post a pic plz

btw..i repeat i want a semi-ac and slim looking guitar. Here's a pic of my present guitar..now suggest me anything which looks better and sounds better too!
    :sadbye:

Attached Files:

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

HA
    In acoustics looks n sound do not go hand in hand (unlike electric where they are not at all related)

So first u decide - u want an acoustic sound or semi-electric sound
    Both are diff sounds.

10. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

my new guitar :))) suzuki SDG-10 cost me Rs.4150/- like i told ya.. and go to On Stage like alfons said if u want a good deal, Bharat charges too much.

11. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

my new guitar :))) suzuki SDG-10 cost me Rs.4150/- like i told ya.. and go to On Stage like alfons said if u want a good deal, Bharat charges too much.

but this one's a dreadnaught (u want that?)... it sounds awesome..

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

-acoustic/semi-acoustic guitar
    -f cut
    -slimmer/sleeker than my present one
    -should sound like acoustic too

..did iever say i want electric or semi-elec guitar/tone
    want a smart looking guitar and xpecting it to sound good as well..reasonable expectation, that is!!!
    is it still confusing?
    look at these>> https://www.mcrr93.com/files/semiacc.JPG *drool* wish i could get sumthin alike in 3-4 k :grin:

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

That is better.

Those pics suggest u want semi-electric.
    and while unplugged, they sound like a weak acoustic guitar.

Ofcourse while plugged in they are a different beast due to their pickups (usually magnetic - which colors their tone and mkaes it sound more like electric)

14. vini

vini Repeat Offender

just want a good looking guitar...thats y

but sadly 3-4k is not a good budget

C'mon Guys..suggest me some good semi-ac guitar. :annoyed:

15. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^i think u can go for the guitar i have
    i have a givson venus spl(special).semi-elec..
    i got it for 2500...after bargaining.... ;)

16. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Now Tell Me

Ok..here is one guitar...take a look at the pics..the company is givson, its manual and it costs around 2300..thats all i know about it...if u guys have any other info about this guitar..then plz lemme know :nw:

sorry for thr poor condition of pics but..i had to crop them nastily but anyways the guitar is almost visible and thats all u guys need to see ;)

Attached Files:

• a.JPG
      a.JPG
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:
    • b.JPG
      b.JPG
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
  17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

May be my eyes are tired or am hallucinating. but those pix are of a red colored solid body electric guitar.

Which different from hollowbodies that u are looking for.

A solid body will not give much sound without amplifier + speaker

18. vini

vini Repeat Offender

solid body guitar would need amplifier else it would sound dud
    hollow guitar would be thick as a camel's hump but can do/fine sans amps..kya yaar!
    duh!

stuck
    :sadbye:

19. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

ya u want a guitar that look like gibson
    and after that u will groe hair like slash and after u will ask tabs for
    sweet child o mine

semi eletric in 3-4k somewat difficult
    try any korean made guitars they com at good prices and they even rock if ur good at it