whats imp in singing besides singin in note(sur mein)

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ak&guitar, Sep 24, 2005.

1. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

hey ppl..........who can tell me what imp in singing . besides not singin off-note ,,,,coz if u go of not it not singin...right?..........so lets take it for granted the singin in-not or in sur or whatever u call it ok........

so tell me whats imp like..........the through of ur voice, voice quality, modulation, range etc.........plz also give eg of singers who r speciallist in these areas ///////
    eg i think rob halford can go as high as any vocalist ever born..........and man he throughs his voice fabulously.........

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

"throws his voice"?

Rob Halford is a ventriloquist?

3. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

i dont know what ventroloquist is?

hey dude tell me what a ventroloquist is..........i know that rob halford in clasiically trained in opera singin.......and if thats that then ok...........plz ellaborate...... :dance:

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ventriloquism >> the art of projecting your voice so that it seems to come from another source (as from a ventriloquist's dummy)

as for the main topic of concern..i think im not that good at singing and in my opinion..if u want to make music ur profession then u must get urself professionally trained for singing and if ur just an amateur and u want to sing good sans getting any training.. i think whats imp in singing is that ur voice quality should be good that is a melodious voiz even if its technically outta sur/notes.. for that u have a li'l long way to go.. what i do is that i listen carefully to a particular song and try to emulate that way..eventually ending up sounding pretty ok :p:

i hope my suggestion proved atleast a wee bit beneficial..but plz hang on for what our experts have to say :grin: all the best!

5. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

while you are singing...one very important area to take care about is "to get into the mood of the song"......if you singing a sad song,love song,...or any other for that matter...it should be made felt to the listener that you are "feeling" da song....anyone can sing a song,but a song becomes beautiful with the feelings u give to it...for eg.,listen to Adnan Sami sing...there are feelings of da song in his voice...even during da Super singer contest,he was stressing upon da same fact....everyone learns classical these days...but giving ur own touch to a song is what makes it different.....:):)

regards,
    Hardik.

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

sing is like playing an instrument (ie ur vocal cords)
    u have to hit the right notes ,sustain ur voice without breaking..put in effects(like vibrato),u should be able to sing in the right key and pitch
    and u should have a good voice(good voice is not that imp in classicaL music or even rock music but it matters for pop or play back singing)

7. Trixon

Trixon New Member

Antother advice

Another good advice would be to sing in your original voice and not make up or modulate your voice in such a way that it matchs with a famous singer cause then you would loose your originality

8. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

Its more about the feel which you bring into the song besides being on the right notes. I don't believe getting classically trained makes you a good singer. Its about singing with passion as it is in playing an instrument. If you sing passionately it shows in the final result.
    Voice quality, range and all are secondary, you could just sing a flat song with about 4 notes in total, but if you sing with the feel of the song, thats what brings the song alive !

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

To be a good singer u have to be born with it

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^No. Singing is an art just like any other. You can practice and develop your vocal ability. Through structured practice of a set program you can improve your vocal ability no matter where you start. If you dont believe me, go join a class, take lessons for a few years and then come back and talk to me.

11. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

no wrong, Disturbed is right! you see, i was born with good singing talent but now i can't sing nicely. I just play guitar nicely(but when it comes to lead, then I hv to surrender to Romeo guru).

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I usually like to think that great talents are born with it. While minions like us can work hours and hours, I doubt we could touch greatness without actually being born with it.

I could be wrong though.

13. zing

zing Machine Head

ther r sum parts abt ur singin tht u can work on sum u cant...
    imp things 2b a gr8 singer

- key.... u can work on this thru ear training n practice

- range... u can work on this .. an avg person has abt 2-3 octaves, singers have abt 5, mariah carey reportedly has 14

- quality of voice... cant do nething abt this but then successful singers range from raucous [bob dylan] to syrupy [celine dion] so it prolly dont matter newayz

- sense of music .. can be cultivated but only to a limited extent

- luck!!!! ....no comments

im bit skeptical abt singing lessons cos 1 frnd of mine took lessons 4 years but stil sounded like a donkey with a sore throat

14. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

U can be a vastly improved singer but u will never be a natural singer
    Even if u are a terrible singer u can become good with a vocal lessons and a whole lot of practice
    But....
    qouting Homer Simpson