whatever i do ..is never going to be enough for you

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by nandy0894, Jul 18, 2011.

1. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

expressin anger ,frustration and sometimes helplessness is not equal to wallowin in self pity ..

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmm.
    What exactly is self pity?
    And what is the outcome of such a self pity?

3. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

self pity is sympathizing wid ur own self..
    nd as i said..frustration is not self pity..
    nd d poem depicts frustration and maybe giving up too .. bt not SELF PITY..
    nd bout the outcome..ders obviously no outcome of sympathies or whatever..

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Sympathy, sorrow, pity for self leads to sadness and frustration.
    There is no other cause of sadness and frustration for self.

Which also leads to anger.
    And this happens whenever you feel that you have been wronged by someone/some events.

I don't think there is any other outcome of self sympathy or self pity (whatever you may call it).
    Of course there is one more outcome = calling it quits. (which again you have admitted partially above)

5. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

i dun agree with dis...self pity leads to sadness or frustration..y?? the world nd the ppl out der influence ur mood in a great manner..im no god man that i will b untouched by it.. i mean don't you feel sad when you fyt wid ur friend..or ny such thing happens??
    nd..i agreed that there is no outcome of self pity..

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Don't confuse the cause and effect.

Yes I will feel sad when there is a fight between me and a friend.
    I will be sad because we've been friends - means that we should have an understanding, and that should prevent fights and misunderstandings between us. But this is nothing to do with self pity - because I would know that I stand to share the blame, at least to some extent, as my friend in case of our mutual fight.

It would never be like - why? why my friend? when we have worn the same chaddi ... that you fought with me, that you ignore me now ...
    That would be self pity.

Because I would be giving a list of things I have done, and my friend has not returned the same gesture, and thus I feel low.

I have written it earlier - I will write it down in bold for easier reference:
    Self pity happens whenever you feel you have been wronged (by someone or circumstances). Whenever you feel that you have been meted with some sort of injustice, whereas you deserved the "right/best" but got something/someone "wrong/inferior".
    And you believe you can't do anything about it (feel helpless).

Self pity is a cause.
    Sadness and frustration are the results.

(and pray could you please remember the school lessons you took for English and type more sanely? It becomes very difficult to decipher the sms lingo that you use)

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

My take on the whole thing is that the expectation of getting something in return, in your specific case, seems unfair. From what you've said, it seems to be a very one-sided love....which means that the love that you're giving (with the expectation of it melting her heart) is something she hasn't asked for.

Imagine someone trying to sell you a vacuum cleaner saying "sir itne pyaar se bol raha hoon aapko khareedne ko, ab to le lo". Maybe the situation is similar for her? And then you expect sympathy of some sort?

8. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

i have been saying one thing since the very beginning..we all are no sages...hence we CANNOT b free from expectations..
    nd @bjr... i guess i need to clear that i a m a girl..umm..looks like you took me as a guy :p

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Then try becoming a sage.
    The only reason why you get unhappy is because of you, and your expectations.

10. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

was that on an angry note??? :O

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I am a sage.
    I will not get angry - whatever you say or do.

Unfortunately the problem with written language is that you cannot show the tone and nuances.

12. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

umm i can tell u a way...insert a smiley wid ur text... :p ^_^

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Now what does this smiley -> ^_^ convey?

14. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

15. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

ha ha..nothin .. focus on " :) " dis one..

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ricky - it still doesn't answer my question.
    I may have simply copy pasted it off the interwebs to look "kewl".

Nandy - the one you have shown displays too much of teeth. Its more like a grin than a smile.

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

it means Cute, Squishy Face...

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

but what is the intent?

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Intent is expression.. Imagine yourself talking to someone, shouting, smiling, annoyed.. hence the name Emotion+Icons= emoticons..

20. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

haha...whenever did i say that i won't grin on IGT?? :p