What would/did you do with first salary??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by dlogic, Aug 23, 2005.

1. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

hey guys i just got the first salary of my life...its a great feeling.....i am planning to give it to CRY or may be i will sponsor a child. Thats the best i can think....

i just wanted to know what would/did you do.??

BubblyMartini likes this.
  2. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Very Good Idea..buddy!! I bought gifts for my parents and brother....just like in hindi movies :dance: But hats off to ur thought....make it a reality.
    We guys support a kid....in Kenya through World Vision and believe me....there isnt a better bang for ur buck then...when u hear about ur sponsored child !!

Have fun...but dont forget to spare some for the rainy days! Umbrellas r costly :p:

3. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

well i bought a nu cell fone...nd invested da rest....good thing ur plannin to donate it to cry....even im plannin to sponsor a lil gals education by sm foundation....but not enuf money.....dats y i invest....

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i will do that....if only i could make sure in some way ...that the money reaches the intended child...and not land up in some greedy intermediators hands??

5. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:)...WOw i am waiting for the day I get my first ever salary...I will surely devote it to some pious cause...:)

6. 7miles

7miles ____7miles to success____

hmmm !!!! lemme get a job first then i'll tak bout mah salary !! :)

7. 7miles

7miles ____7miles to success____

well i'm gonna buy a packet or 2 or INSIGNIA then visit bars and enjoy to da fullest :beer:

8. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

i paid my university admission fees :eek::

i bought a guitar with the second one

9. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

hey dlogic - nice one !!!

i also did some charity , gave my poor friends a treat in a bar where they drank like fish and came up with a bill which covered my sal for one month and another months loan :annoyed:

i regret my excitment till today :annoyed:

10. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

iam gonna buy a good bike..
    ninja or busa or something.... :p:

11. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

I had bought stuff for mom,dad,sis,bro,gf,.... everyone,.... everyone was happy,.... untill i left the job in a few months,... hehe :p:

12. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

dude im a really nice 'child' here .. :grin:

13. $cReWdR!veR

$cReWdR!veR .:: Sweetheart ::.

@most of u here r good people i gues....my first salary was some 1000 bucks so i went and shopped all for myself from tat......im not tat good....

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

First a distortion pedal, after two months of spending on self and family, itll go to charity.

15. Fatehjit

Fatehjit New Member

Well, It's some time now since I got my first Salary (Quite meagre by today's standards). And I do not exactly remember how I spent it. But I must have given major chunk in the hands of my Mom, & must have spent some amount on charity, or donate to some place of worship. (Well, that's what I'll do even today with my first salary).

But one thing is for sure, it's quite an exciting experience to get your first salary.

Any other interesting story ???

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@dlogic - gud that u r giving away some of ur money to cry!it is a real gud thing to do.we dunno in whose hands it goes but we will be happy that we helped someone out!i used to give some meoney as well.....but then i started utilizing the money for sweets and candy's!

@myself - i have abt 6400 bucks with which i earned in vacation by working for dna!it was a easy buck u see..all i had to do is to go to several places and take views of diff people..i dunno if i accidently took view any of igt mumbaiites!:p:.....well, im saving it all up for unknown purposes!may be a kork ax100 as well:p:

17. sambitsatpathy

sambitsatpathy New Member

it was the stipend during training...bought something for the whole family...gave a treat to friends...rest spent on own expenditure....that's b4 6 months of earing my first salary... dusring firt salary was far away from home... but on first vacation got somethng for everybody ... but the original post of sponsering a child is good... i will help
    some blind school/orphanage in my area....it is a dream...

18. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

thanx bobby , rocking and others for supporting me.............

@bobby...keep all your booze urges in a bank and let it grow...and.... when ever you come to india....come to delhi(dont directly land in santa cruz) ........ we both will drink like a WHALE...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. nadish

nadish Active Member

Thats a fantastic Idea....

20. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

sure , now i ve got one more reason to go home :)