What to start out with, the chords or the tabs?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by vishalmav, Oct 25, 2006.

1. vishalmav

vishalmav New Member

hiii Guys, A newbie here.... just starting to learn.... Any hints on what to start out with??? the chords or the tabs??? also any online resource for chords?? (Any audio files in terms of how a particular chord should sound is also appreciated.)

Also I am looking for some Guitar schools in BTM bangalore... inform me if anybody knows of any....

Cheers,
    Maverick

2. jozko

jozko Banned

Welcome Maverick! Do both tabs and chords. search youtube or google video for free video guitar lessons. Watch, hear and learn.

Guitar school, excellent idea. That's best option and I'm sure Bangalore will have many. Best

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dood ... In BTM there is a blind teacher he is pretty good .. U can try there .. Not sure about his contact info ...
    But ... There is a place near the chinese restraunt ... In BTM ... (the road going towards bannerghatta road .. from SAWDISHTA AHARA) ...
    There is also a mallu hotel there ... I dont know the adress u can check there ./..

4. chatty_arko

chatty_arko New Member

well i think after gettin used to igt u wont require ne class

5. saurabh_taurian

saurabh_taurian New Member

start out with..

its better at first you start with scales (major and minor) to get ur fingers working..alternatively u can practice major and minor chords. search on google for chord progression pattern...dat will help u a lot.
    u cant try these site..
    www.guitarseek.com
    www.guitar.about.com

gud luck!!!

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Start off with basic stretches and major and minor scales. Once you can play them with reasonable ease, start with chords. After that it's mix and match. All I can say is practice lots and lots of chords. That is usually the key to playing well.