What to play when somone tells u to play the guitar????

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by r@zor2, Apr 7, 2009.

1. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

people usually don't like shred. when they think of buckethead, they think only shredding. coz probably they have not heard his awesome songs like Big Sur Moon. that's the reason people are ignorant towards him and his work is not popular.
    i became a BH fan the moment i heard Soothsayer :)

2. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

SOOTHSAYER \m/\m/
    and ill check the other songs u mentioned know how the heck am i gonna sweep pick ......
    and any other idea of how to play big sur moon i have no delay

3. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

keep trying that whitewash intro. you will get it right after a few tries. don't play it by barring the 7th fret or you will end up tearing your hand muscles

not possible to play Big Sur Moon without delay. with delay, set the delay time between 290-300 ms and feedback to 50% and all the notes are upstrokes. but i play them with all down strokes :p

4. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

yeah im kinda getting the whitewash intro part nad the hybrid picking part really cool
    btw welcome to buckethead land(the riff in the middle somewhat reminds me of crazy train intro) and jordan so totally OWNS!!!!!!
    Do u have a killswitch??

5. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

i want to fit a killswitch on my guitar. but drilling a hole in it scares the shit out of me. so no i am never gonna do it.

6. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

cant u ask ur guitar guy to do it??

7. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

nope. coz that will scare me too. i am not gonna do any mods to my guitar ever. the only thing io may do is change all the 3 pickups

8. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Seymour Duncan?And what pedals/processor do u use?

9. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

not all Seymour Duncan. i will go for active pickups. EMG 60 in the neck, EMG 81 in the bridge and some Seymour Duncan single coil passive in middle (dunno much about single coils). but there is a problem in that too. i don't think there is enough space in the electronics compartment of the guitar to fit a 9v battery for the actives. even if it fits in it, i don't know how i can fix it at one point. it will keep moving inside. may be electrical tape will work.

i have Digitech RP350 effects processor.

10. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

hows the digitech planning to get myself either a zoom g1x or RP80

11. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

i had a zoom G2.1u a few days back. i traded it for RP350. and i personally feel Digitech is a lot better than Zoom. just my personal opinion. all effects sound a lot better on digitech. my vote goes to Digitech RP80.

12. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Nice a lot of guys use RP80 .....i just dont want to screw up on my first processor

13. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

nope you won't go wrong with digitech

14. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

do u have any covers on youtube or something would love to see u play

15. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

@razor told ya! Rp80 is just fine.
    Howz ur sweep picking goin?

16. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

then RP80 it is
    I dont really know if its sweep picking that im doin but it sounds exactly like the song and im not baring the 7th fret its like im holding fret 7 9 and 11 with index middle finger and pinky and then playing it i remove the fingerings when i play the 7th fret on g string
    can play tht kinda good now
    i think its something like partial sweep picking or something
    btw im gettin addicted to buckethead \m/ Jordan so totally rocks

17. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Btw talkin abt killswitches...my frnd has a greg ben av3, he used the toggle switch as a killswitch...got a bit over excited nd killed his 'kill switch' .

18. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

LOL yeah even my cousin had a strat and he did the wah-wah with the pickup selector that hendrix kinda did in voodoo child ......snap the selector switch is in his hand

19. tamil anand89ma

tamil anand89ma New Member

is there any stuff in guitar so that people who ask me to play guitar suddenly would awe at me ? may be some simle notes please.

20. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Do a hendrix .....burn and smash ur guitar into pieces then throw the guitar pieces around .......ppl will definetely awe at u then......lol just kiddin mate check the first few pages of this thread