What the heck is wrong wid my voice..boohoo!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vini, Jan 12, 2006.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

while im singing high pitched songs or humming

a strange voice/noise is comin..its like as if my voice has split into two..one my original and other some discordant shrill/treble like voice!!

its ineffable but i've tried my best to put it into words..i've never experienced/heard of such bizarre thing :eek::

im sorry to create a thread on this..but my voice is very dear to me..and i wanna know..has ne1 every exp such kinda problem?...bah

:Worried:

2. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

@vini: Do hot-water salt gargles before singing high-pitch songs..
    It would clear off that hitch.. ;)

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

neither have i :eek::

but i guess when u try to sing in high pitches, it's possible that u unintentionally put on a shrilly "fake" voice coz u cant sing those notes in ur normal voice.... it's jst a guess.. not sure.

i guess more practice will take care of that??

4. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

record it so that we can actually here what the problem is....
    you having this problem suddenly?..i mean did it happen before or not?

what i think is you should give your voice some rest...dont sing for two days...drink warm water...and all should be fine...

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Hey Vini .. wen i was singing bulla ki jaana .. n i went to da highest pitch of da song .. muh voice kinda stopped in da middle .. henceforth was sounding very husky .. then i took rest .. gargled .. didn't stress muh throat for long .. drank hot tea wid salt in it .. then it was like normal :p: .. so if it sounds husky .. then probably u should wait for a day or so .. take good care .. gargle wid salt water as zoom said .. n try ..

all da best ;)

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@cryptu
    hehe..NO!! its happening even if im humming..like the humming in (mmm mmm-crash test dummies)

@hardik
    wohi to fight hai...wish i could record..but my sound driver is screwed..y do u think then im not putting my covers these days on soundtrack :eek::

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^^ohh! no idea then :eek::, try what zoom n notty suggested!

8. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@vini : This happens, coz none of us is technically trained. Trained singers can modulate their voices the way they want whenevr they want. Their voices r very well toned n maintained due to the amount of practise they do. But its normal, if u cant sing on a high notes, lil practise wud take care of it. N as u say, u got probs with singin in normal pitch also, then i guess uv not tried singin for long, or else "gale mai khich khich" probs. Gargles it is then.

@cryptic : U wud never experience such a probs, if u dont try high notes, as much as i have heard u, u hav never gone high in any of yr songs.

9. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^^oh yeah, 3-4 songs is all i've sung in my entire life... (????)

10. vini

vini Repeat Offender

thanx guys!!

i just did hot/salt water gargles and would repeat for few days...i hope get my voice back..no matter how sick it is :grin:

but what if it doesnt? :shock: or i start sounding like rani mukherjee

11. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@ cryptic : Read it properly, i said, as of wat i have heard of u till now.

Man, y do ppl get so offended here.

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@vini If it doesn't then .. Hey vini .. ur an amazing guitarist :p: :p:

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

@akkyy

but isnt it obvious that i must have tried singing in a high pitch at some point atleast if i'm sayin smthng abt it?

chalo nevermind...

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

as Others have stated.

The reason why this thing happens is because your vocal chords are not able to modulate well. Reason?
    Lack of practice.

The only way out is to practice along with increasing pitch + singing songs one octave higher. Best is if you take some lessons.
    B.T.W you will face similar problems if you try to sing @ lower pitch. For that sing once octave lower.

And believe me, ppl who have deep voice, even they cannot sing songs that dip very low on pitch. So everything comes back to practice.

Believe me, I used to do that in College, and most of the songs of Axl Rose were piece of cake because of taht one-octave-higher singing.

Ofcourse now am outta touch with all those things, especially coz I dont feel like singing/screaming/shouting at the top of my voice.

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

try growling..

listen to Angela Gossow for tips

16. vini

vini Repeat Offender

thanxx Guys!
    sooooo much :nw:

i think it could be due to access of phlegm in my respiratory tract and thats due to some infection or maybe yes...due to lack of practise..now god knows!! :shock:

17. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

i'm suprised that most of u havent experienced it before>>>>>

it happens cause u never went tat hight before so you throw
    air out instead of noise>
    and like He said >>>>Lack of practice>

18. can_i_play

can_i_play New Member

i thnk Bhupinder singh/pandit jasraj in one of the interview on sahara said always start ur day with the lowest pitch possible ...and then increase it gradually...

i am not so focused into music ....so newer tried ..may be you can have a go .... and one more thing try honey b4 singing high pitch song.......

best luck....hope we hear a good high pitch recording frm you.....soon...

19. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

same happens to me if i sing in in high pitch ..not exactly the treble or tht..but my voice does go a bit shaky at the high notes......drink tea or gargle as told by the above peeps...itz just normal...don worry abt rani mukherjee voice..u can get someone to dub it..hehe..

20. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

@ vini .... hope ur voice is better now after doing wat everyone said ... get well soon and don't worry! u'll be fine! :)