What The Heck is this Variax

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zohaib, Jan 3, 2005.

1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

Hi there guys
    i wanna have some info about variax guitar
    what the heck are these guitars man
    who will buy other guitar then this ??
    i wanna info about them in dept and about there prices

2. shak

shak Harrr!

variax are guitars made by line6 guys...its a complete revolution in guitar making industry...variax is like "An entire guitar collection in a single instrument"...it has 25 types of different amp and guitar modelling...you can switch between the different types of guitar with just a knob!...anyway i wont go much into detail ..do a search on google and you'll know everything!
    i had a chance of playing one at the local music shop...it has the sound but lacks the FEEL to be honest.....i mean you turn the knob and you get the tone of 1959 les paul or Gretsch Silver Jet but you lack that special FEEL..so overall a very good guitar....and you can have no objections on the looks https://line6.com/variax/US/images/specs/photos/700Blue.jpg

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i guess the coolest thing abr variax is no PUps......it has this piezo thing which means no hum ever...so u get crystal clear soung..

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

variax is a name of a company which produces guitars which can sound like other instrument like acoustic, eletric...etc...by turning the knob placed in the guitar.

@DR ...pups? hum? ...didnt getu? :confused:

6. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

@fictional_real:
    He means that the guitar doesnt have pickups, so no hum is picked up, and the name of the company is line 6, variax is the name of the guitar.

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Line 6 is the company and Variax is a series / model name.

8. shak

shak Harrr!

@h4fon: the variax does have pickups, how else would it work man???...the piezos are a kind of pickups...you get them mostly on electro accoustics...the reason that it doesnt produce any hum/feedback is that a piezo element has no wirring and an no magnet! .....by the way this is there website https://line6.com/variax/US/ and if you live in america you can order a FREE DVD form thier site about this guitar!!

9. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

sounds good looks good... wats the price of one of these?

10. shak

shak Harrr!

line6 original retails at about £499 and the line6 700 series at about £799

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ok.......the VAriax dont have the standard magnet humbucker pick ups.....:)

12. deathdr_87

i guess thepiezo element rather than the pickup gives the line 6 most of its versatality... im pretty sure they done use the piezo that shakrukhs been talknig about in a another thread but... well some custom designed one of way better quality! either ways it sounds like an awesome guitar... (some1 mentioned in some thread that why would ne one want all the old guitars like fender, ibanez, etc... when the vairax is available - let me answer that - im qouting some1 - dont know who - "nothing beats a 40 year old guitar - exept for one thats been played every day for the alst 40 years.." old guitars are legendary - new guitars are technology!! - ha that rhymes!

13. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

cool stuff man
    so why someone will buy any other guitar ?? or any procesor ?

14. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

got it
    but does this guitar's tone is not good ??
    doesnt it sounds like some good guitar?? ?

15. deathdr_87

nope its juat that it can sound like ne guitar but cant feel like it

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

there is just a notch or a button sort of this on the guitar....which if u turn u make make sound frm electric to even japanese scales!! it has a computer chip inside which is programmed to make certain changer to bring the desired sound.

technology!

17. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Anyone here ever played one? Im kinda intrigued(sp?) of its playability and if it really sounds like a les paul/strat/tele etc...

18. shak

shak Harrr!

^^ check post no.2

19. deathdr_87

wat dyu mean by japanese scales? arent they actually a different combination of notes and not just a different sound... the guitar can only sound like a bunch of other well known guitars - the list is up on their website i think....

20. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

oh ok, but any one else had a experience, like actually compared the sound with a les paul or tele?
    im thinking this could be my future guitar, if i ever turn into a recording musician :p