What sets the Fender Strat apart ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by apratim.mitra, Nov 19, 2004.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

never! maple just looks so much nicer than rosewood.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

especially if its birds eye maple or west coast rock maple....... give it a thin coat of antique amber.... and you get the most beautiful neck ever...

3. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Never? :think:

I said that maple looks better than rosewood too ;)

I would love to swap my rosewood strat for a maple one!!! :p:

4. rabi_sultan

i love mustangs so they SHOULDN'T leave rosewood for the mustangs!

mind you rosewood doesnt look to bad on the Jazzmaster like you said, also it looks good on the Cyclones

5. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

any pics of the mustangs with maple?

and that comment was just a joke, no offense intended :beer:

6. rabi_sultan

7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

does fender put ebony boards on theire guitars (not asses) only guitars?

8. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Ive seen a jazzmaster with a maple fretboard, look fine, but i would love to see a mustang! Were they never made with maple boards?

9. hiwatt72

hiwatt72 New Member

Hello. This is my first time posting here. I was looking for discussions on George Harrison's guitars because I like the way the Strat from Concert for Bangladesh looked and I stumbled on this forum. I live in Austin, TX so its interesting to see discussions on gear stuff all around the world. I'm curious about bands, etc. in other parts of the world.

Oh, I've been reading about Esquires a lot lately. Apparently they were actually the first Fender guitar put in production, in 1950. They didn't have truss rods and the necks warped. Then they were available as 1 or 2 pickup guitars. They were briefly taken off the market, then the Broadcaster came out. They were two pickup only, but otherwise the same style as the Esquire.
    The Broadcaster was renamed Telecaster because Gretsch had a drumset called the Broadkaster, and so there was possible trademark problems.
    The Esquire was brought back out, but only 1 pickup.

Well I'm rambling.