What sets the Fender Strat apart ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by apratim.mitra, Nov 19, 2004.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

gotta agree with deathdr. with the Fender strat you know what your getting before you buy it. The quality, durability and versatility of the guitar is much more than most other stock guitars out there. All fender stuff is built with durability it makes Duracell looks weak :lol: ok that was a bad joke but basic point is that Fenders can handle a lot of physical and electronical abuse.

2. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

At last the Stratoman has replied..

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

will some1 explain to me - doesnt fender hold some sort of copyright on the strat anme and shape - i mean they must be able to take johnson to court for aming an identical copy of thier guitar??

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

@fr, $2000, no man..the jackson USA model will cost that much..not the professional range models (made in japan/korea n a lot cheaper..n professional is just in the name, not really professional as the USA models...)

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@death dr and rabi.....r u guys trying to tell dat ibanez guitars suck before fender? coz i was planning for ibanez. :(...:confused:

i think fender wud cost me a life...

6. jayanth

Fender / Jackson / Etc(Owned By Fender) rules..

7. fictional_real

@jayanth....damn u!! :p:....

can u tell me wat wud be cost of these amazing guitars?

8. jayanth

25000 + Depends on the model..

9. fictional_real

@jayanth....thanx. and more ur more info....daron has IC 300 CUSTOM guitars.

10. rabi_sultan

i never said ibanez sucks i never said anything about Ibanez other than saying it is a good guitar for metal music. i was only commenting on the Fender Strat. It is ONE OF THE most durable, versatile and high quality stock guitars available. However thats not to say that it is better quality than a LP or a high range Ibanez stock model i'm just saying that its one of the high quality stock guitars available.

Please note that when i say stock guitar i mean those guitars that aren't a customised, personalised or signature series guitar those are either special or custom models and they are a totally different category. The stock guitars are the regular models and in this sense we are talking the Fender USA range not the Fender Standard or Fender Japan series.

If you want to know more about Ibanez start a new thread and hopefully Jay and Essi can give you their opinions on the Ibanez guitars.

11. deathdr_87

I use ibanez and prefer it to fender but that doesnt take anything away from fender - and i agree with rabi - it is still a good guitar andeven thoguh i would not say it is the most versatile, i would always trust a guitar with the fender seal on it - for me fender and more strat is a seal of quality as i mentioned earlier - each make has its own usp. fender is more versatile than an ibanez guitar in terms that it can be used for more guitar styles with greater ease (because of sound and tone)... but then again in terms of stuff like bridges and necks, etc... ithink ibanez technology kicks fender... its mostly a personal choice i guess..... i chose ibanez - rabi chose fender - each has its own ups and downs... its not like anyone is saying that either of the top guitar companies suck...

@fictional: daron uses an ic300, the only difference is its paintjob - its got some custom artwork on it - its called the dmm1 - its his signature and ibanez released a limted edition commercially - only 300 were made - i dont think theyve sold out yet.... theyre way too expensive (double the price of ic300 and has identical features except for the artwork)

12. fictional_real

^^hmmm...not worth spending a lot just coz of singnature and artwork!! i just found a ibanez IC on sale for $500...but its korean made. i heard ibanez korean made aint good. only japanese made rox!

13. rabi_sultan

well the korean models (fender, gibson or ibanez) are built on the specification laid down by the company(fender/gibson/ibanez). It simply states that a part 'x' cannot be worse quality than level 'y'. And since they are making budget guitars in Korea they cannot match the quality level of the USA/Japan versions since they are more expensive to produce. Therefore you do have a lower quality guitar from the Korean manufacturers. But I have to say these budget guitars are still good guitars, excellent for learners and just about good enough to gig with.

Also to be honest I don't know the Ibanez price ranges but USD$500 sounds too much for a Korean Ibanez unless thats a signature series then it may be on the high side unless its brand new.

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i think this thread is obsolete...
    why r we discussing fenders and les pauls?
    lets discuss some avant garde modern guitars..

like parker,line 6 variax etc
    that variax can play play a gibson or a fender at a touch of a button
    and it has no pickups... how cool is that?

15. deathdr_87

the standrad ic comes for 250 usds... the dmm 1 - the malakian signature comes for some 500usds....

getting back to the strat - some1 somehere in his thread mentioned that malmsteen sues a customised strat - i forgot who and when - but in rality malmsteen uses an absolute off the line strat as his amin guitar - its known as the 'duck' for the stickerts of a duck on it..... he has his own signature strat but he doesnt use that unless hes plannig to smash theguitar at the end of the concert... his main one is a standard strat.... (the one for 300 usds i think!!!! can u believe that??)

16. rabi_sultan

i dont know about if malmsteens strat is standard or usa but it is customised since the pickups are different than the single coil pickups.

17. rabi_sultan

if you want to discuss another guitar go make a new thread by no means is this thread obselete so stop being a troll

18. deathdr_87

non... thats his signature model....

his favourite is an absolute standard strat with no changes - thats the one i described as the duck
    have a look at it - theres no erl descriptin of its features here but still -
    https://www.yngwie.org/equipment/guitars2.html
    tell me if its a standard or customised

19. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Standard:) Nice URL deathdr_87:beer:

20. rabi_sultan

nice link. after reading the techie equipment discussion Malmsteen is basically taking American Standard Strats and just heavily customising them. He seems to favour the strats between the 60s and 70s most probably due to the neck shape i guess which he then scallops.