What sets the Fender Strat apart ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by apratim.mitra, Nov 19, 2004.

1. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

ok ... didn't know that ...:)

I guess the ones available here are the ones made in China ... as opposed to the original Japanese ones ... and hence the difference in quality ...

:rockon:

2. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

Yeah but only the Top range are made in the Japan.

3. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

OK ... i have not had the good fortune to be exposed to Ibanez a lot as in getting to play on a top-end one as compared to a low-end ... even the Chinese variety is fine for me ... :)

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Variety??? Guitars aint mangoes dude..

5. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

yeah man, of course u cant get a classic rock sound on a solid state marshall!!

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

when i had said tht in a thread long back it was on looks.......and as to the sound....squires suck..not the fenders..period
    but still the sound is each ones one choice............
    as to why the strat is copied.......ive already mentioned taht........coz the strat shape has selling value...coz when people imagine an electric guitar they see a strat....just coz strats have been around for that long...and yes they were the guitars that started the electric revoultion.....the shape is identifiable and has familiarity to it.....thats y.......
    abt the Pups i have seen strats with H-H config....fender strats......
    @whoever who had said this.....Yngwies strats arent stock..the neck is thinner or something...all i know is theres some mod in the neck....apart from the scalloping and the dimarzios......

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ u said yngwies guitars arent stock...

theres no other mod except that the neck is scalloped,di marzios,and the brass nut..
    the necks not thinner or anythin.

8. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

wow....very informative thread...thanx guys.

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I didnt want to start a new thread for this, so i'll ask here, what is a scalloped neck? Anyone help me out please?

10. jayanth

If you have seen the instrument called Veena, You'll notice that the Strings dont touch the wood..

SImilarly creating such a gap is called Scalloping..

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@dharma
    there is some shit with the neck...not too sure waht...but sure that there is..read it some time back online somewhere...will post the link if i can find it...

12. jayanth

Hows your new LP??

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

yet to come....bro postponed his trip due to qualifiers man......sucks big time... :( :( :(
    actually good....gives me more time to decide if i need a guitar with a floyd rose or not...really been thinking....still love the LP tho

14. jayanth

Get the one that Pro got..

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

which one....??the slash signiture series??????

16. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

dr saurabh...i have a malmsteen video where malmsteen himself explains his gear....trust me there is nothin more done to his guitar neck..
    its completely stock otherwise.
    not all info on the net is correct.

17. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

scalloped necks ...hmm.. lemme try to explain..the the wood in between the fretwires..ie the fret is scooped up creatin a U shaped cavity..
    its basically a matter of choice ..
    malmsteen says that it gave him better grip of the strings and gave more control..
    and yeah u just have to press the string ligtly to get a note..if u press too hard u ll go off..so it does need a lot of practice..
    ahh well thats the best i could explain.

18. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@dr saurabh....where are you getting ur LP frm?

19. jayanth

20. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>