What lead amplifier for distorted sound through speakers?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Hitesh6188, Sep 19, 2009.

  1. Hitesh6188

    Hitesh6188 Member

    i'm having yamaha F210 semi electric(if im correct) that has inbuilt electronic tuner,equilizer & pickup with a socket on the lower back side curve...............................I need to know what lead,amplifier,??????????????????, is to be purchased to get distorted(if possible) sound through speakers and if i can use my pc speakers(creative 4.1)and how much will it cost.
  2. metalmickey

    metalmickey New Member

    no matter wat u do i guess it'll be really impossible to get a real good distortion from your semi acoustic!....get yourself a good roland micro cube or cube15x as they've got sum gud inbulit distortions/dsp's....or sumthin like that n chk em out!!.......change over to sum entry level electric guitar (yamaha pacifica,cort x10,etc)if you seriously thinkin bout soundin distorted!!....
  3. distorted

    distorted satan

    Get sum acoustic guitar processor... Zoom has got one around 5-6k i guess..
    But in my opinion this idea isnt so good...
  4. angel_of_sin

    angel_of_sin bassist.....

    ^^feed back will still be a major problem..........
  5. angel_of_sin

    angel_of_sin bassist.....

    and f 210 is not a semi elec..........f 310 is.........
  6. flood

    flood New Member

    ok, first off, your guitar is NOT a semi-acoustic. it is a "real" acoustic, i.e., it does not depend on the electronics for adequate sound generation/reinforcement. this is a semi-acoustic: http://www.activemusician.com/images/store/full/EM_AS93BLS.jpg.

    this article will explain the difference to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-acoustic_guitar

    you're just asking for trouble. acoustic guitars with build in preamps were never meant to be run through distortion. all you will get is a lot of noise and feedback, and a seriously shitty distorted sound.

    the only effects i would advise using with would be chorus, delay and reverb.

    the equalizer means that there is a preamplifier on board, which means you can plug into your soundcard (technically, you should be able to connect to your POWERED! speakers directly, although only the left channel will work) directly and control the volume from the guitar.

    if you want a distorted sound, save up and buy an electric guitar and an amplifier. you will not get very far with an acoustic, unless you like feedback.

    and why all the ................ and ??????????? a single fullstop or question mark does the job just as effectively.
  7. slayersid18

    slayersid18 New Member

    hehehe ;)

    yeah, just save money, convince someone to fund you, get a low-end electric, then an amp like roland cube or line6 spiderIII wud do fine

Share This Page