What is the first song you ever learned?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Nov 19, 2004.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I learnt

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town - Pearl Jam (V/s Album)

I remember playing and singing this song all the time. Simple Chord Progression but I had great fun doing it. I still play that occasionally and have great fun anytime I do it.

2. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

i played the karz tune...and then discovered the MI2 tune.....initially i just learnt tunes by my own...wen i was little familiar with chords i tried nothin else matters...

3. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

first impression

i still donot know the names of chords, no imformation about scales, but first of all i learnt, the complete ones
    1. National anthem of pakistan
    2.roshani ka yakeen by shehzad roy
    3.always with me always with u by joe satriani
    4.blood and glory by stevevai
    5.the return of the deweller earth by steve vai
    6.crush of love by joe sartriani
    7.for the love of god by steve vai (still learning the last part)

and lots of intros of all the satch and vai songs :cool:

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i picked up guitar 'coz of one song ...

Call of Ktulu by Metallica ... that one piece of muzic made me wanto learn it before death ...
    guess what ...

that was the first piece of muzic i learned (the clean intro and then the distorted riff) ...
    man the feeling was absolutely gr8 ... especially playing along with the song ... feeling million bucks as if i was sitting there in the studio with Hetfield, Hammett, Burton and Ulrich ...

the next was again 'Tallica stuff - Orion ... same story there ...

5. Sonaiandsongs

Sonaiandsongs New Member

Hi m avishek..The first song i learned was AADAT by JAL THE BAND(PAKISTAN)....

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

WTF - you are avisek and u keep your userID as SONIAandsongs

7. komal29

komal29 New Member

i dont think there is anything to be inferior about learning any song..just coz people are naming some bands and songs[i havent heard many n dont even know some names] ..doesnt mean they are any superior..in india normally those who listen to bollywood more are definitely bound to start with them
    am one of them..as for mine..
    tabs- happy birthday to u
    chords -no prize for guessing- papa kehte hai..

i have come a long way with so many 'hindi' songs..since am not a english music freak at all..and i dont feel inferior about it

8. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

It was a raga that i learnt first...Raag Bhimpalasi..That was during my school days. I can still play that on my keys though...

9. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

My first song was Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. Simple tune, just A, D and E major chords four strums per beat. Ahh.. those were the days.

10. Abhinav_dce

Abhinav_dce New Member

11. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

The first song I learned? Hm... Gotta be I can wait forever by simple plan... And then Welcome to my life by simple plan... Awesome Songs! I still remember. I saw a cover on youtube and I was stunned.. There was this riff in a song called take my hand by simple plan... And it was impossible for me to play it 8 months ago(When I started learning) and now I can play Bullet For My Valentine. Rock on!