What is the best punk band ever?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by bob-bobby, Mar 24, 2005.

1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

I reckon the best punk band ever is the s e x pistols because they just don't give a **** about anything. They're anachists and they sing anything about angthing like they slag off the queen and they don't care.

They're music is excellent as well plus they're lyrics are.

What are your thoughts about them?

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Most definitely the *** Pistols. I usually hate punk (especially the new age skater punk crap like NOFX, Anti-Flag etc. as well as poser punk like Green Day and Avril Lavigne) but the *** Pistols are alright. I even like a couple of Ramones songs like 'Somebody Put Something In My Drink' and 'Bonzo Goes To Bitzburg'.

My favorite *** Pistols song is Anarchy In The U.K. (duh!).

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i dont have any thoughts on them buyt i have a piece of trivia to share if anyone cares...

the bassist of S-e-x pistols, Sid Vicious, died of a heroin overdose, and the heroin was given to him by his mom !!

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

5. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

the clash :rockon:

6. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :&quot;(

@death_metal_fan... u don like "time of ur life" by Greenday ?????

7. death_metal_fan

No I don't.

8. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :&quot;(

..... I DO ...... :rock:

9. death_metal_fan

That's good. We all should have different tastes because if everyone liked the same music I or you or anyone did, the world would be a very boring place. ;)

10. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

Longview is a much better Greenday song

11. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

hmm all time *** pistols...

rt now greenday

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

punk..yuck

13. death_metal_fan

:p: My sentiments exactly BUT you can never ever forget that heavy metal has its roots in the speed and aggression of punk. Try as you may to deny it and even any reference to the word punk, it is an inescapable fact of the world. ;)

14. tejas

tejas ..........

Never been a big punk listener. I like a few Ramones stuff and some *** Pistols. But thats about it. AFI had a few intersting songs before they sold out too.

15. shak

shak Harrr!

dont listen to punk much ..but some s e x pistol stuff is good.. and greeday aint that bad either ... they have some good songs that you can play to an audience who are noobs to the world of rock and watch far too much mtv ....

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

@dmf..yeah i knew that. But punk lacks the oomph that heavy metal has..personally i find punk music very stale and boring...very boring

17. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

*** Pistols Own!

18. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i like Roxette......

19. aleric

aleric New Member

S8x Pistols definitely........There was a time when I was crazy about them.

20. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

the clash always will define punk for me ... so will bad religion .. ramones .. n a lot of other bands ... including the *** pistols obviously ... but the clash were the ones who defined punk for me ....