What is Stage Performance?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by rizaaj, Feb 24, 2005.

1. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

Hey Folks,

i would like to ask all the pros here to give me some information on stage performance. everyone knows that stage performance is the main thing behind successful bands. Actually i have signed up with a band here in Bahrain as the lead vocalist and rythm guitarist. its name is Last Chance, we basically play Cover Songs on the annual farewell, or parties of companies or some national festivals. they told me that i need to improve my ability to perform on stage and develop the right attitude of a rocker...

can any of you there, provide me some useful information :eek::

Regards,
    Ali Riz

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Flair for stage performance is really something that cannot be taught. But still here are a few tips I think help on-stage:

1) Be relaxed. If you are nervous it is going to show in your playing. You have to be calm and collected to put on a good show.

2) Do not do nothing on stage besides playing guitar. This may not be so much of a problem if you are singing but I have seen countless rookie guitarists staring at their guitars for a whole hour without looking at the crowd even once. Remember that you are playing for the crowd not for yourself and try to involve the crowd as appropriate.

3) If you are a vocalist you have the added responsibility of getting the crowd to join in with you whether it's singing or screaming. A crowd loves having a good time at a rock show. It's upto you to give it to them.

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

thanks death metal fan... above 3 points cover all of the topic..

if anyone wana give some more tips or suggestion.. plz

4. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

keep this in your mind.. public paid to see u.. if u screw up they lose.. u got nothing to lose.. buhaha. hope this gives u confidence.

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

if at all by chance u screw up...dance and jump arnd on stage..to make it look like nothing happened..hahahha..

stage performance probably comes by experience..i mean u get better at it.
    but u dont need to do anything extra ordinary or do somethin cheezy..
    just be ur self and dont over do anything.

6. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

like ashlee simpson!

seriously man, lots of times I sit with my band memebrs and we talk abt how badly we played on the show, and a bunch of ppl come and say "wow u guys were great".. so don't worry abt screwing up, people won't notice as long as they're having fun.

rizaaj likes this.
  7. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

grow your hair and whirl it around when u play, works all the time......

8. Yousuf_guitar

Yousuf_guitar New Member

i think it would be easy to play and sing together if u r playin up only with bar chords.....just sliding it up and down the fretboard..rather than changing finger positions.......
    hope u like the idea.......
    Yousuf

9. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

thanks to all .. Death Metal Fan, Jayswami, Dharmatma, Ananth, Nehemiah and Yousif...

and for me.. now lets screw up some thing...