What is "L" Key??

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by nadish, Mar 3, 2005.

1. nadish

nadish Active Member

Can ne1 tell me what is L key and what's the function of L key. Coz I've acoustic guitar with L key option but I dont know how to use that, But I know that there is a little point for that key inside the Sound Hole, but I'm affraid to use it... Plz answer my question...

Thanx

2. jusmail

jusmail New Member

Is it lock and key!!!! (grin) Nah, Nah, I don't know them

3. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

are u talking abt the spanner kinda thing?
    that might be the spanner to adjust ur truss rod.
    in any case, if u don't know what u r doing don't tinker with it.

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Are you referring to an allen key? Those are normally used on electric guitars to adjust bridge height.

5. nadish

nadish Active Member

Hey aananth! can u tell me a little briefly abt that???

6. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

the neck of a guitar must have a little concave curvature, with the nut slightly higher than the bridge end. This is achieved by increasing/decreasing the tension using a truss rod (if it is too curved then the truss rod must be loosened). This post by bobby explains everything:
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=5478&highlight

7. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Just a word of caution:

You can cause permanent and irreversible damage to your guitar if you tighten the truss rod too much causing the neck to bend out of shape. DO NOT MESS WITH IT IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Take it to a trained professional.

8. nadish

nadish Active Member

Oh really???? No I will not even touch that damn Rod... Thanx that u warned me before I do that stupid thing.