what is death metal

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by death_calls, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey Death_metal_fan may be you need to check out this link.......

https://www.anus.com/metal/sepultura.html

If you dont want to i have a few lines from there.....

Sepultura
    One of the primary inventors of death metal, Sepultura built a new language out of twisted structure at racing speed.

Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation
    Cogumelo

Production: Varying demo- and garage-level soundforms which capture the music quite adequately.
    Review: Raw motion music in the postapocalyptic style of Slayer and Possessed using the syncretism of atmospheric riff patternings in a style reminiscent of Massacra, these two EPs of seminal material from Sepultura establish the distinctive sound which was to dominate the South American scene for two generations, building empires of structure from the simple differences and thunder of textural dynamic disparity in the directional information coded through whipping power chord music. At explosive speeds this music recombines at the command of gutteral, primitive vocals and bludgeon-simple percussion which maintains a fury of emphasis forward while checking structure as necessary and maintaining a simple, sensual presence.

Maybe this will tell u that how ignorant a person can be..........

2. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

And let me give you a list of death metal BANDS

Abomination
    Acerbus
    Adramelech
    Amorphis
    Ancient Rites
    Asgard
    Asphyx
    At the Gates
    Atheist
    Atrocity
    Autopsy
    Baphomet
    Cadaver
    Capharnaum
    Cartilage
    Cenotaph
    Ceremonium
    Cryptopsy
    dead horse
    Death
    Deathstrike
    Deceased
    Deeds of Flesh
    Deicide
    Demigod
    Demilich
    Deteriorate
    Dismember
    Entombed
    Fleshcrawl
    God Macabre
    Gorguts
    Grotesque
    Gutted
    Hate Eternal
    Hetsheads
    Hypocrisy
    Immolation
    Imprecation
    Incantation
    Infester
    Intestine Baalism
    Kataklysm
    Kilcrops
    Lepra
    Luciferion
    Magus
    Martyr
    Massacra
    Massacre
    Master
    Molested
    Monstrosity
    Morbid Angel
    Morpheus Descends
    Mortem
    Mortuary
    Mythic
    Necromass
    Necrophobic
    Nuclear Death
    Num Skull
    Obituary
    Oppressor
    Pessimist
    Pestilence
    Possessed
    Pyrexia
    Rigor Mortis
    Rise
    Revenant
    Sadistic Intent
    Seance
    Sentenced
    Sepultura
    Sinister
    Slayer
    Suffocation
    Thanatopsis
    Therion
    Torchure
    Unanimated
    Unleashed
    Vader

3. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

WOW...havent heard of 95% of the above bands!!

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey where is Pantera in the death metal list? ...

5. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

Dude.. ! 70 % of the bands listed there..are common bess for metal lover
    Obviously If u Don't take intereat in metal or if u r a beginner..then how could you know all these names...this site roxs...but It's Indian...

If u Want to know the real knowledge oF Metal..Visit Ultimate-guitar.com :rock:

No Offense..

6. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

Pantera isn't Death Metal dude !!!

7. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

:think: Don't Make a fuss Out of it Guys ! ....

Here's what u want to know about what exactly is Death Metal....

Death metal is a form of heavy metal music with thrash metal influences. Death metal is usually identified by extreme brutality, intensity and speed. The vocals - death grunts, or "growls", as they are often called, are rough and often incomprehensible . The focus on mortality along with the extreme nature of the music likely inspired the naming of this genre as "death" metal.

Here's The Perfect List of The Famous Death MEtal Bands...

Bolt Thrower, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Cryptopsy, Death, Deicide, Entombed, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Nile, Obituary, Opeth, Possessed and Suffocation.

:rockon:

8. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

perfect huh??
    Opeth would be progressive death, Nile would be Gothenburg death and so on...

and yea, if you dislike IGT, to tell you UG is nothing but a wasteland with so many 15 yr olds of the 'know it all' kinds. I see we have some of those here too..

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Strongly agree with you dude.... Pantera is a Hevy Metal band... or Thrash(This i am not sure, if they r thrash).... All bands who Growl need not be death....

10. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

What the heck dude ! ? I tolda ya no Offense...and in know UG Is a wasteland..ppl are far too arrogant there...thatz why I joined IGT...It roxs...BUt Here we are only talkin abt Death Metal..

No Nu-MEtal or Progressive Metal...so why the **** are u bringing th enames of Opeth and Nile here...they just fall in the sub-genres....

Chill Out Dude :beer:

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Even Nanda growls. He isn't a Death Metal dude. He's a heavy metal dude. Am I right Nanda ?

12. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

yes i am not a die hard "death" metal fan as of now.

13. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

no escaping pain, you belong to me! Clinging on to life by the skin o' my teeth.

14. ronnieanand

After watching this thread, these days almost every morning I am listening to Anthology - Obituary. (What a nice way to start a day :dance: ) James Murphy sizzles in Cause Of Death. The intro solo is one of the best solos I have ever heard. Some how I never liked any other death metal band. Death and Forbidden are something I can listen to other than Obituary but man Obituary rules.

https://www.deathmetal.com . Lotsa links to Death metal bands.

15. Mr. Scary

^ hells yeah!

16. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Ya Anand, But i have no problem doing death.....
    Anyway how r u and where are all our band members...... Guess all have disappeared!!!!!!!!

17. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

who likes Cryptopsy, Dark tranquility or Children Of Bodom here ?

18. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

i like Dark tranquility and Children Of Bodom , but not heard much of their songs....
    A friend of mine was majorly into Dark tranquility so he used to make me listen to em.... But dont remeber the songs.... he also wanted to cover them.....

19. ronnieanand

Hey Nanda,
    I thought you might know where the guys are. Two guys are having exams and wont be free till next month mid. Meanwhile give a listen to Slowly We Rot by Obituary. Wanna cover that stuff.

20. Mr. Scary

bodom sucks, Dark Tranquility owns.

CRYPTOPSY OWNS MY ****ING SOUL