what guitar shud i buy ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by aysh, May 9, 2005.

1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@metal_head...Dude I'll just say this..dont take all this mistake pointing thing too seriously or too far...anybody can make a simple mistake....all the previous posts have just been about ppl not reading carefully or misinterpretting what they read..lets give the issue a rest....
    BTW...I forgot to mention..cool link(the Bharat Musicals one)...keep the info coming!

2. ~<metal_head>~

~<metal_head>~ New Member

Well said pal...! evn i was thinkin on da same lines..!

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Cheerz!! :rockon:

4. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

how much wud a les paul studio/satandard cost in india / dubai / uk. whats better. besides any info on fenders ? i think i should mention that id prefer a guitar which gives deep resonant sound than a guitar with high treble ..

^^metalhead are copies good enough as compared to originals ?
    and whats a floyd rose

bye and keep me informed . .

5. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

ok i didnt wanna stretch this topic but cant help.everybody makes small mistakes.as far as english classes go check the spelling of humbucker quoted in metal head's post.

in correct english we write "anything" not nething.and slang language can b misunderstood easily.

sorry 4 misconfusion n metal head-just keep ur mind cool.

6. ~<metal_head>~

~<metal_head>~ New Member

Hey i m cool mate.... No hard feelings dude...!

7. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Nemo: Message me about Les Pauls - have been playing them for 16 years!! Anyway - message me about what you want and I can check for you here in the UK - used and new!

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@nemo - washburn are a good company - theyre not one of todays big 3 (fender, gibson, ibanez) but are a well reputed company - u can trsut their guitars to eb decent- besides - u can go to the shop and try the guitar seen in the pack.

die-cast tuners - theyre midlle-quality tuners- theyll hold tune quite well..

5 way switch - this is seen with a HSH or SSH pickup config - where s is single coil and h is humbucker... the config for switch positions and pickups selected are as follows:
    all the way to the neck - only neck humbucker, 2nd from the neck - mix of neck humbucker and single coil, middle- only single coil (middle one), 4th from the neck - mix of brdige humbucker and middle single ciol (or combination of middle and brdige sinlge coil for SSH config) and all the way to the brdige - birdge humbucker (or single coil for ssh)

most guitars will have a rosewood fretboard -tthats almsot standard - its good - but then each giutar will still feel different inspite of having same wood on fretboard

i boguht from www.zzounds.com - my grandmum was in the us at that time - ordered it to a relatives palce -she got it back for me... its safe - but transport is ur own arangement

if u cant manage us - then ask blackmamba - else buy a pack (guitar+amp) coz u gt discounts on retail price- the one id recommended

https://www.bharatmusichouse.com/pac...link=&Paksno=31

has 3k discount on 19k - thus u pay 16k - tthats a substantial dscount

9. aysh

deathdr first of all thx for the info.

now isnt there any problem in transportation of guitar due to weather change (i may be sounding foolish) but one of my frnd told me that he got a guitar frm mumbai to ahmedabad and due to change in moisture levels its neck bended :( . i surely wudnt want that to happen

i'll enquire more abt the washburn guitar though my gut feeling is to go for a more reputed company (u can understand.. its my first elec guitar)

any more info on LP guitars/copy abt pricing and quality in and outside india. . ?
    hey how abt fender strats/ Ibanez ? i mean in the range that i have, what kind of a buy can i expect ?

10. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

listen **** head who the **** do you think said this:

Now if you go back one page and learn to ****ing read then you'll obviously see that YOU QUOTED IT NOT RUST_IN_PAIN

So my reply was TO YOU NOT TO HIM, he hasn't said ANYTHING WRONG.

D o y o u u n d e r s t a n d e n g l i s h ??

YOU JUST SAID THAT FENDERS AREN'T FOR METAL AND THATS WHAT I'M CORRECTING YOU ON.

11. aysh

:confused:hey which is for what :insane:
    okay , no cat fights here.. man just suggest a decent guitar and enjoy life :drunk:

12. rust_in_pain

as far as lower end fenders r concerned (of the range 10-12k)all the people have the same opinion tht they r crap(lemme know if someone isnt).

u can also look 4 a second hand guitar as u r in mumbai..tht way u can get a decent guitar

13. rabi_sultan

lower end fenders aren't real fenders. they are built by squire under a fender license

14. rust_in_pain

rabi-i know u r a die hard fan of fenders rabi and anything against the fender means against you :p: :p: no offense

15. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Nemo...as promised...the Jay T Les Paul Copy....have attached the pics....

Attached Files:

16. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@blackmamba - is that the guitar ur selling - oh god - i almsot died here - its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!

i love thos inlays- im not some huge fan of lps but god - look at that guitar - 2-3 ppl aare very ntersted in buying ur guitar - fr wants to play metal... so i first thought itd be a bad choice - but with a guitar like that - itll never be a bad choice - this guitar must also be recommended to downinahole who's also looking for a guitar...

god!!i ts awesome.........

pls. pm me with its config (pikcups etc..)

and pls. also pm me the details of the guy n delhi for the vinyls - u know awt im talking about...

17. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Death: I am selling an original Epiphone Les Paul Custom...the Jay T copy is a friend's guitar and belive me the Inlays look amazing in person...the pics don't do justice!!! The config is pretty straight forward - set neck, solid body, maple neck, rosewood board, not sure what make are the tuners, alnico pups (bright sounding)......excellent finish!!

Vinyl guy - will get his details soon and get back to you...no probs!

18. rabi_sultan

not true i just replied that fenders can be used for metal if they have a humbucker. I then got two idiots attacking me by not realising which comment i was replying to.

19. rabi_sultan

guitar looks sweet blackmamba. whats the make/model of the pickups?

20. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :&quot;(

yep.. guess i am one of da IDIOTS u referrin 2.
    dis is my last post out here so i thot i wud rathr thank sum1 who calld me an idiot.
    i edit-ed my post (da idiotic one).
    *also i think ur thrd 'thinkin calmly n clearly' wont be deleted like a lot othrs' hav been recently.. maybe coz u r not piggy backin jay*.. well neithr waz nybdy out here i guess.. evrybdy jus wantd both sides of da story n wantd dis dispute 2 be resolved.

nyways .. sry 4 goin off-topic..
    tk cre.. all da best.
    Regards.. Subhro. (gav u reps :) )