What electric to buy?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by aparajit 909, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Deepsal I've had enough of that cort kx1q it is a crap guitar with shit pickups, you once played one with some active pickups don't give opinions based on that. Frankly the quality of cort at that price is not good, the wood they use is as bad plywood. They also manufacture the gio series which shows what quality they have.

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

btw cort's are made in indonesia...

3. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Ok I think you should get the Peavey vypyr 15 because its awesome. ITs got a lot of pretty good amp models. Including the 6505,Mesa Dual Rectifier, Krankenstein ,XXx,JSX etcc and clean amps such as the Fender Twin, Deluxe, Marshall Plexi, Classic etc! The amp is really versatile and you can get a lot of different sounds from it. I own one and it is so amazing for metal and shit! It sounds 40% or more like the real amp! And its got tones of rack effects too which has two parameters which you can edit! I play songs from Led Zeppelin to Green Day to Iron Maiden to Bullet For My Valentine and this amp works perfectly for all of it! I use the rec amp and a tube screamer(Rack effect on the vypyr) and it rocks!
    Dude, if you can, Reduce the money you are spending on the guitar and get a vypyr 30 it'll be awesome. Because it has another extra feature called stompboxes. And if you wanna play live with it, You can always by the sanpera foot switch which is not compatible with the vypyr 15. Also, it will be really loud and it can be louder than the drummer! It even has a looper! Dude dont go with the fender mustang one. Just google peavey vypyr 15 or vypyr 30, watch a couple of videos, check out peavey's site and then tell me.

What?! Cort guitars suck? I thought cort guitars were value for money guitars! I was planning on buying the cort kx1q...

4. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

About cort all I can say is that the ones I tried including the kx1q didn't impress me, there are better ones out there. You can check anywhere what people have to say about the pickups on the kx1q, I would rather buy a pacifica or the epiphone sg special. But still it is my personal opinion based on what my ears told me to others it may sound good.

5. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

sorry wrong thread

6. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

Peavey vypyr sounds badass!! My friend just bought the 30w and i played his ibanez rg321 on it and was impressed... Thanks guys the amp i've selected!

7. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Have u tried the Cort EVL series. Well IMO its a very good guitar in the range of 15 - 20K...And what made u think that Corts body is made of a Plywood?? I mean which model do u think is made of plywood?

8. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

^+1
    what are these guys thinking
    and if u got money it doesnt mean that u can say anything about cheap guitars(to u)
    they are cheap doesnt meant they are made of shit(plywood???)
    so u got no right to criticize these guitars

9. Sumanovo razor

you want to experience a plywood guitar then go and buy a givson electric...and 1 more thing cort doesnt produce gio series...gio series are the one produced by ibanez...

10. Sumanovo razor

btw any other amp which is better than peavey vypyr...

11. guitarplayer729

i think orange crush series

12. deepsal

deepsal New Member

stay away from crush

13. Sumanovo razor

how are clean sounds on peavey vypyr...

14. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

No seriously the lower end ibanezes and others like lower end epiphones etc are contracted to companies like samick and cort in korea who manufacture it and then label them as ibanez or epiphone and are sold by the parent companies. Oh please i have had the dubious honour of looking into the body of a cort x2 and the you can see it there that the it is not a single piece of wood but small bits and pieces glued together, and i was exaggerating by saying plywood.

The cleans are good and emulation of the fender twin amp. Just remember while trying out for the first time that the delay and the reverb are already on when you switch on the amp, hit the edit button and turn them down.

15. Sumanovo razor

even a chain of pearl...comprises of numerous pearl beads...its a different thing that you dont like basswood guitar but that doesnt mean they are crap and are made of plywood...i personally dont like mahogony body guitars...because it doesnt suit my music style...then even i can say they are made of plywood...then i guess the cheap guitars according to you should be banned totally.right...the basswood are pretty comfortable not as heavy as mahogony...and to my ears that arent that bad...i know once people have money they consider the cheap guitars as crap...similarly a person owning a gibson les paul standard...will consider a 50k guitar crap...obviously that 50k guitar wont sound as good as the lp...but still it will sound great in its budget range...

16. guitarplayer729

^
    yeah why not prs, epiphone and gibson uses plywood
    no no worse
    its plastic

17. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I never said anything about basswood being bad. It is that the one used in the korean ones is of bad quality. There are guitars that have good wood even at that price range, i just recommend those. Look at the pacificas cheap yet good. And yes even epiphone sucks at this lower range just listen to their LP Special or the LP 100 you will know what i am saying.

here there is complete detail about various woods https://www.jemsite.com/jem/wood.htm do read it specially what they have to say about korean basswood, and mahogany.

EDIT: I think it would be good if you could google up "guitar woods" and read a few things that has been said on the topic, i'm sure you'll appreciate after reading that what i say is true.

18. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

Dudes ive heard that basswood is good and not very heavy but is soft and gets bumped up very easily.

19. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

Has anyone here had any experience with onstage noida or lajpat nagar. If given a choice, which branch would be better? Coz they are at two different directions from cp and i cant visit both...

20. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

^^ More than that each wood has its own tonal characteristic, but what you said is right basswood is soft.