What electric to buy?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by aparajit 909, Dec 14, 2011.

1. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

OK so ive been learning on my acoustic for one and a half year and have decided to buy an electric. After much research, ive decided that schecter would be the best deal for me (i play heavy metal, blues, all sorts). So which shop in delhi would provide the cheapest and quality stuff im looking for? Bhargavas dont have schecters. Also ive decided on either a fender mustang 1 amp or a roland 20x cube( my budget for the whole gear is around rs 26k). Also any other suggestions on guitar or amp would be most welcome. Thank you guys..

2. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

btw ive decided on either a schecter 006 deluxe or omen 6. I really wanted esp ltd ec 50 but couldnt find it in any guitar shop...

3. rahul_up87

rahul_up87 New Member

hey buddy try onstage they might have it.
    also just a small suggestion I had a similar budget and similar confusion some time back :) I bought an Ehsaan Noorani strat...it is a very good guitar for its price :) and a mustang I . do check the guitar out... ppl have misconceptions about squiers

4. amalankar

amalankar New Member

If you play blues.. a strat is you #1 choice!! You can not go wrong with a good strat.. and with the right effects it will even do heavy metal for you!
    -Amol

5. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

get a greg bennet av3 for 16k.... It is great...

6. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I agree with some of the people here who said Squier strats are good, Not all of them are great, but when i tried out the Squier Classic Vibe Series 60's Strat, it was freaking awesome for its price......2 tone sunburst and it comes with Alnico V Pickups - All single coils, and the neck is thin as well for good playability, finish was great too.......I found the finish to be better than the Mex Strats they had in the store (New Reynolds Store - B'lore).
    You may want to give these guitars a try and see if you like them

7. tirtha2chester

^^^ read the above quote... Check out the thread for more info.. The issue is same as yours...

8. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

Thanks guys this site is awesome! I think i will go for a squier. A question- is ltd m50 a good guitar? And what about bc rich warlock? I tried them out at the store but all felt the same.....

9. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Wow your needs are pretty diverse... What would your main playing style be? Would you mainly play blues with a little bit metal or will it be little bit blues with mainly metal? Can you name some artists you wish to sound like?
    Because if blues or classic rock is your main focus go for a strat. The squire classic vibe is excellent. I'm not much confident about other squires i tried. Also look at Yamaha pacifica 112v superb guitar beats any squire you pick up. The bridge humbucker will also serve you for the heavier stuff.

If you would mainly like to play heavier stuff with little bit of blues and classic rock here and there, go with the Greg Bennet AV6. Out of the schecters the omen is a good one.
    For the amp also have a look at the Peavey vypyr 15 beats every other similar amp.

10. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

I focus on metal, heavy and thrash like lamb of god, metallica, bullet 4 my valentine but i also do need some clean tones like nirvana.

11. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Then dont consider a strat, buy a guitar with humbucker pickups, although you can do metal with single coils but then the other gear has to be good too, since you are on a tight budget i'd suggest you go for the pacifica i mentioned, the 112v and not 112j the v is better than the j. The humbucker will do for metal and the other single coils will do the cleans. Or the av3 will be good too. The schecter omen will do metal but i dont know about cleans.
    For the amps look at a peavey vypyr 15 or a roland cube 20xl

12. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

thanks ayu135!

13. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

the yamaha pacifica 112 does seem to be a good versatile guitar.

14. deepsal

deepsal New Member

yamaha pacifia 112,strats,greg be.. av3 for metalcore....keep it up
    kid dont bother trying the omen 6,pacifia,strats or av3
    nothing against strats and stuf but omen is one of the meh guitars around and before even taking schecter into considration keep in mind that their necks at thick as **** thicker than a fulin baseball bat if it wasnt for the thickness i would have bought the c1
    my opinion....get a cort kxq1 with a peavey vypyr 15

15. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

Hey what do you guys think about ltd explorer ex50 or v shaped v50? Found these guitars in furtados lajpat nagar. What do you think about furtados? Is it a good guitar shop? Prices seem pretty decent to me. Onstage was pretty good although their stock wasnt as huge but i found dean vx ( pretty decent and plays well). Or should i just stick to bhargavas??(the guy is pretty annoyed by me due to the fact that i've already been to the shop twice).

16. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Check out CORT guitars if they stock any.

Furtados is a good shop...

Buy from the shop where u get a good deal(quality and money) from and not coz the shop is good or bad...

Finally show ur middle finger to the guy at Bhargavas if he is annoyed by you visitin the shop again and again.

17. tirtha2chester

@mymusicmyguitar- corts at his range aren't gonna be decent.... All of 'em are made in china..... Plus the tremolos are horrible...... The only cort decent enough at his price is the zenox.... All the X series (at his range) is crap...

18. deepsal

deepsal New Member

first cort manufactures in korea
    2nd he can get a cort kxq1 with a peavey vypyr 15
    although i dont own a kxq1 i can personally vouch for it because i have played my friend's kxq1 several times and it plays better than my 23k rga32 the neck is pretty close to the wizard ii too so
    dont give wrong advice on this forum unless you are sure about what you are writing
    otherwise you will be flamed especially by me i have a rep for being rude

19. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

^^ Well said!!! +1 for that

20. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

the trouble has come