What do ppl expect from guitarists ?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by taxyse, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

hahah i assure they picked those words up just by hearing it among us.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

@scary: lol .. i see ....
    @trish: whats a barista ? .. i reckon a club or something?

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It's a coffee shop. A hep coffee shop which is a tad pretentious and people rarely go to (at least here)....not to mention overpriced.

The only fascination is that they have an acoustic guitar hanging from one of the walls. This invariably leads to some show off in a group of 8 trying to impress other people....

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

usually the acoustic guitar hanging is total crap ....

once in pune barista (on teh MG road) ... i piced up the crappy thing ... and played "Wish you were here" .. it sounded crap to me ... but the ppl around were impressd ... guess taht was more coz they had heard the song and none knew how to play ... but all knew how to sing ..
    then iplayed stairway to heaven ... and u know what ? ... some ppl didnt know the song ... and many ppl didnt know the lyrics ... and sooo (even though it sounded much better to me than the wish u were here)) ... i got more boos than cheers ... :grin:

so the key thing in order to win approval is that the song should be known to all ... and easily hummable or sung ...

but strictly speaking i never do such kinda "appeasing ppl" shit ... it onli sometimes happen that the fairer sex show some remote interest in guitar ... and dude ... that time u juat havt ashow what a lovely instrument it is ... no point playing "demonic resurrection" there ... hope u guys understand and dont boo me here ...

5. shak

shak Harrr!

hey how come you write words like s e x and f u ck and you dont get smut censored?

dunno what to say about your post tho ..too tired to work ma brain ..

6. Ozze

Ozze New Member

well MR .. wot i wod like to mention is i play for my self does,nt matter the person standing infront or setting besides of u likes it or not .. if u r happy with wot u r playin i think thts the best part . now a days i,m practicing a solo .. day by day i can see the improvemetn in my finger shifting n stuff.. so whn i started i use to tell my bro tht i,m playin tht tune ..but as i progresses now don,t need to tell wot i,m playin ... u see just play for ur self if u wana play any thin ..

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^^ like that ^^^ ;)

8. shak

shak Harrr!

damn you are gooooood
    let me in the secret as well ... i mean not only in qoutes but you also manage that in regular posts :shock: :nw:

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

so no news from taxy???
    dude did u put into practice any of the sugestions offered?

10. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

most of my replies here always begin with -' i dont mean to offend but....'
    so carrying on....i dont mean to sound rude or anythin.....but i never said nething bout impressin other ppl ...nor did i degrade indian classical music........
    when i see somebody play somethin.....i can really tell if the guy is good or not.....maybe i have never heard that kinda music.....but still i know..who plays well who does not.......violin ,tabla,sitar ....i respect everybody..........why cant everybody else do the same thing
    and tell u what.....i dont think all these ppl know nething about indian classical stuff...they have just heard these words 'raga'..'taal'...and just expect me to play somethin which sounds familiar or atleast want to me to sing 'aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh...uaaah .' like pandit jasraj or somethin........
    all they want is that i play the 'tune' of a 'filmy' song...thinkin that to be the sole motive of the intrument.....even if i were playin a sitar...i think the situ would have been the same....
    and i really hate most of the hindi movie songs....kitchen sink is the exact word fer it......what is the point of puttin in every instrument possible in the song and at the same time....

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ok ... then that means u are still going to be on the receiving end ... and again after some time when you get too pissed off u will create a new thread ...

u still ahvent told what u are going to do -> taking the bull by horns or by running away from the bull

choice is yours u wanna be at the receiving end or u wnat others to be at your receiving end ...

12. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

welll......i'm obviously gonna keep the 'dhoom' tune fer my survival......
    and neway....i just got an electric guitar (with processor..) from kaiser fer a few days.....so maybe i'll get somethin in those ppl's heads...(..forcefullly????...ha ha...)

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^ hey is kaiser banned from IGT ? ... and if so then y?

14. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Luckily I never faced such problems. I play plugged in with good amount of distortion and at a decent volume. At times I even play at 1:00am to 2:00am in the night. Once I asked my neighbour if I am disturbing them. They say that they are enjoying it and I needn't worry about it. People at home are also cool with me playing anything. My mom likes it when I play lead or when I play Clean. But the minute I play Chords in Distortion, she keeps telling me that this should will affect my brain, mind, blah, blah, etc... Mom keeps asking me to play Violin and Veena and some Carnatic Classical stuffs. I have lost in touch, so I just ignore and keep playing some Hendrix riffs.

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

LOL ...

good for u dude ...

16. urazzismine

urazzismine Banned

very right..very right.... you can play van halen's eruption to a bunch of ppl fed on hindi songs and they would look at you as if you played some crap, picking notes at random...

17. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

^ kaiser is banned???....he didnt tell me.....^
    nice folks u got ronnieand.......<sigh>
    well i dunno....past few days have been cool..........my folks have finally caught on......i might even be gettin a guitar in a few days....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

good news for u dude ... :beer:

i dunno about kaiser .. jsut saw his title .. banned ...

19. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

oh i will ask him........
    he was a little diff talkin bout igt.......he had that tone in him...'oh ....igt....now i remember..'

20. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

NEWS:
    nope i dont think he was banned ...
    i just checked ...