What do i do???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by radicalz_adi, Dec 11, 2006.

1. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

well pple there wasnt a better title........anyways hava ibanez 170dx well the problem is wen i play satriani or vai to tune ma guitar again.....its got a simple ibanez bridge forgot the name but is there any was i can keep ma guitar in tune....please desperate fr help....acctually the guitar rocks while playin guns and roses stuff cuz u don need a trem fr that but not here(basically bought the guitar fr gnr stuff)but now plzz help

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Is it a locking bridge? Does it have locking nuts?

If not then I can only think of using the trem lightly :p:

3. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

well no its not locking naa and if i use the trem lightly no chance of playin sat and vai

4. yazi

yazi Banned

The only sol here is: Take your guitar to a tech. Or buy a new one(actually 2 solutions)

5. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey dude long time!! no see. ok this is it i think ur guitar does not have a locking trem. so If u see vai /satch,they use the floating bridge(like FR) with locking nuts guitars mostly for all the trem coloring in their music so - dive bombs and stuff can be done. this can only be done with that kind of config(to my knowledge) with a normal trem u could do it to a degree but not too much which will d-tune ur guitar big time. u would be needing a coustom work or new guitar with the FR(or any floating bridge) and locking nuts. hope this helps.

6. thehundredthone

Well, you'll just have to stick it out until your next upgrade. Although you can see if a guitar tech will put in a locking nut. Shouldn't cost you more than 5k.

7. shak

shak Harrr!

you cant really play vai and satriani on a normal tremolo and expect it to hold the tuning .. na man they aint designed for that much abuse ..

8. thehundredthone

So just stick it out until you buy your new guitar.

9. sandylawyer

sandylawyer New Member

hey man ...wanna play satch or vai ..go for the signature series guitars..JS1000 by Ibanez. if u r low on budget go for Rg series 470 or 550 with v7 series pickups.
    only the right tone inspires u to play the work of guitar gods

keep rocking

10. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

how much wold selling ma guitar get me..its like in mint condition better than mint if u can say has daddario strings and man planet waves strap,everythings just as new and ithink only 4 months old so temme would i be able to sell it for more than 10ks???

11. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

one more thing can a guitar done by tulsi do all satch and vais work to me

12. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey rad hold on mate have fun with guitar dont hurry up wait and get a new guitar when u get the funds sorted. i think u can play a bit a satch in ur guitar cause i have seen his video's he sometimes use moderate amount of trem on his songs so think u can play some of his songs but not vai vai uses extensively. Be wise!!

13. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

This topic is all LOST !!!

14. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

well noo the topic isnt give me some suggestions naaa.......its not easy to sell a guitar and think wont part wid it so soon.........temme post me some links naa ill do anything and everything and one more thing can fitting locking nuts solve ma problem cuz asked luthier fr that but im in punjab he in bombay.............

15. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hmm i dont think it will get u the exact thingy mate. u might have to change the bridge too. check with him if it can be done then u are good to go. But instead u could keep this for all down tuned songs and then get a guitar with FR bridge and locking nuts for all the wammy bar stuff. what say?

16. petermasc

petermasc New Member

i take it u got a vintage or simlar trem.u can do one thing crush graphite(pencil lead) to powder mix it with singer m/c oil (few drops)apply this mix on the nut's string grooves.this will help reducing the friction betwwen the nut and strings,it is messy but will help a little.

17. petermasc

petermasc New Member

an application of a mix of graphite powder and singer m/c oil at the nut should do the trick.......well it is messy but it will improve tuning stability a bit

18. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

oh thnx will try that dat today wat do the others think

19. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Its hard for a guitar to stay tuned if you are using termolo bar like a barbaric. Fitting a original floyd rose might help you. Which bridge does 170dx have? Its not an idean to fit a new adept bridge and pick-ups to a Ibanez lower end guitar.

20. shak

shak Harrr!

@petermasc: clever idea ... but i guess one can skip the oil cuz it can get into wood grain .. rubbing pencil lead (graphite) in the nut groves does the job well ..