What Can I Get In 25k?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by bcrich, Jul 15, 2010.

1. bcrich

bcrich New Member

i don't want to buy a cab. what to do now?

2. flood

flood New Member

what, the head or the combo?

it's been said umpteen times - NEVER run a tube amplifier without a speaker attached. you're asking for trouble of the worst sort and a very expensive repair bill. no exceptions.

3. bcrich

bcrich New Member

i edited it, but anyways, the combo (1x12).

4. bcrich

bcrich New Member

ok guys, i read ultrabot's latest post, again, with full concentration. solution 18 1x12 combo, is not in danger without a cab.

5. bcrich

bcrich New Member

thanks everyone for your support and suggestions.
    now,
    i am buying the be3 solution 18 1x12 combo amp costing some 22.5k as per the site.

once again thanks, especially ultrabot for the very first suggestion of not buying a new guitar, otherwise i would have ended up getting a rg350, and plugging it into a crappy marshall 15w.

tube combos don't need a cab, so its a relief!

i just wanted a tube amp combo with the inbuilt v30 (i was not willing to buy a cab right now) and a good fx loop . i have the grg170dx, i know its not a good guitar as such, but i can always upgrade it after a year or two, and my boss pedals are always there for me.

Purchase: BE3 Solution 18 1x12 Combo.

once again, thanks. :)

IGTian forever.

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

No shit sherlock.

If you've decided to buy a ~15W tube amp, you might want to wait till the Laney Cub12R arrives and compare prices and features. Off the top of my head the differences are that the Solution 18 has a 2 channel preamp and the Cub 12R has reverb, a tone control along with passive EQ and also a <1W input which is good if you want to crank the amp up at bedroom volumes.

7. flood

flood New Member

excellent decision. i approve. win!

fail.

8. bcrich

bcrich New Member

thanks flood! great to hear it from you!

9. bcrich

bcrich New Member

first thing i don't want an amp with reverb and eq's coz i have the pedals needed.

10. bcrich

bcrich New Member

LOL. but why?

11. bcrich

bcrich New Member

@flood;ultrabot90
    what do you have to say on this? he's confusing me now.

12. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^Dude, he hit the nail. I was myself considering a snide remark at the 'IGTian forever'. Great minds think alike much?

bcrich - thehundredthone is a sensible man. He must have his reasons. You should play all the options and check them out. I have some things in mind, but I'd rather see what flood has to say on this.

Brb, I'm deciding which one to learn between concert flute/harmonica/violin.

13. bcrich

bcrich New Member

flood spoke his mind on this. see his last post. he says its an excellent decision, and thehundredthone say to wait for d laney cub 12r. what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I said flood didn't say nothing bout the Laney specifically, but nvm TRY BOTH!! >_>
    Ansar will take a while (from a week or so to a month depending on his waiting list) to make that amp for you.

So you've got plenty of time, and I hope you don't have some gigs coming up :p: It'll be worth the wait though. DO stick around and give us some nice recordings (btw, if you wanna learn recording, some of us have got this nice little place going called Freq20. To learn or discuss how to achieve pro level recording, sequencing, and production, check it out.)

I can't decide whether to learn flute or harmonica!!

15. bcrich

bcrich New Member

ok. well, no upcoming gigs till mid-august. after that i have some shows. i'll wait for both of them. i will go to mumbai, check both those out, coz be3 is in mumbai and furtados does laney so two in one place, after testing them, i'll decide what to purchase.
    better late then never.

btw,
    go for the flute. \
    or go for the harmonica, if you admire BOB DYLAN.

16. insatanity

insatanity New Member

You will need to contact Ansar (BE-3) and tell him what ur looking for and place order. He doesn't keep any ready stuff.

17. bcrich

bcrich New Member

am so into be3 now but thehundredthone has suggested the upcoming laney cub12r, and he is known to give good advises so i HAVE to consider that amp too. and am not gonna call up ansar till am all set to buy the be3 solution.

18. bcrich

bcrich New Member

lol. you decided?

19. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

So now flood and ultrabot90 have to validate me? Where's alpha1 when you need him?

@bcrich: I'm not attacking your views. I'm giving you honest advice. I wouldn't have shied away from recommending a solid state amp if your requirements indicated you needed something of the sort.

While the "tube amp or bust" campaign that is running here is a good one, I personally don't believe that everyone needs (to save up for) a tube amp. If you have the budget, great. But if within your budget, you had needed something gig-worthy without mic'ing, then solid state would've been the way to go.

If you can't wait till September/October whenever the Cub 12R is due to launch, then go for the Solution18 right now, by all means. Support the Indian manufacturer, he's building by hand and I daresay the build quality will probably be better than the Chinese production line Laney. But the upside and downside of being a customer is choice. Exercise it wisely.

20. bcrich

bcrich New Member

lol. am not against your views. its just that, you came suddenly after i was all set. i would never do that. i will appreciate and think on every advice i get from you guys. so no hard feelings! my gig has been called off so now, i am free till october, hence, i have 8hrs per day for practicing/jamming.

Cheers! :D