What Can I Get In 25k?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by bcrich, Jul 15, 2010.

1. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Hello guys,
    This is my first thread and post on IGT.

I want to buy a new electric guitar of around 25k. I have a GRG170DX and I want to stick to Ibanez only so please suggest. I've got my eyes on the Ibanez RG350DX, which according to my research is a really good guitar under my budget. I am planning to buy it but i still want to hear it from you all. Suggest.

:)

2. bcrich

bcrich New Member

please help!

where are these people?
    flood
    rickyrich
    guitardoctor
    ultrabot90
    distorted
    nandac

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Why do you want a guitar?

If I could, I'd group (mass produced) guitars in some categories
    Category 1 : Under 15k : Bullshit guitars
    Category 2 : 15-30k : Decent guitars
    Category 3 : 30-50k : Workhorse guitars
    Category 4 : 50-100k : High end workhorses
    Category 5 : 100k+ : 1337. This had better be a custom job.

So why buy a new one in the same category? :p: 4srs, it won't improve much in terms of sound, unless it don't play very well.

I'm guessing this thread will end in - "Buy a new amp."

UltraEdit - I've certainly come a long way to be featured in such a list! x-P

4. bcrich

bcrich New Member

the category is different. i want of about 25k. i am just asking whether i should buy ibanez rg350dx or some other in this range.

5. ultrabot90

WHY do you want it? I SERIOUSLY doubt if it'd make much difference. Flood could tell if that's true or not. As written above, do you find it hard/bad to play? (Try getting it set up professionally, in that case). If that doesn't work out, THEN you need to consider - a. biting the bullet and continuing on the same guitar b. biting the bullet and getting a new guitar.

If it's a sound thing, forget it, get a better amp. Otherwise you'll end up replacing every.damn.thing. and then you'll realize the thing and buy a new amp :p

RG321EX is one, RG7321 is another (seven stringah, yo), SA220FM is said to be good.

6. bcrich

bcrich New Member

i'll try them out.

i just want to replace my grg170 because its been a year with this and i've improved on my hearing skills so its not a problem with my amp and i've really good boss compact effect pedals so its good but my guitar is the problem because its a GRG. anyways thanks.

Is ibanez rg350dx good enough?

7. ultrabot90

Good enough for wtf? You haven't given ANY details.
    I don't get your Ibby obsession either...what do you play!? A Greg Bennett Avion COULD be right up your street, so don't be pre-biased.

The first page of HC reviews seems to be full of the 'new/first guitar purchase' types...giving straight 10s, I don't believe one word of it.

UG reviews...one decent review...says the most expected thing, trem is made of soft metal and is unlikely to last.
    Hard tail = always better. xD

8. bcrich

bcrich New Member

sound, body, reliability?

9. ironman12

ironman12 New Member

get a jackson DXMG...its awesome...try it out somewhere..its the best guitar in yr price range..

10. bcrich

bcrich New Member

i use the trem often so it'll be good for me and the sound too i've heard is better than any other in this range.

11. bcrich

bcrich New Member

any other in the ibanez rg series (i really want to stick to this)

12. ultrabot90

13. bcrich

bcrich New Member

i will keep that in mind. so you're saying that a trem of under 35(actually, i said under 25k), is bullcrap and even asking for it is like being cursed?

14. ultrabot90

Asking for it is like a CURSE WORD. Gaali. I'm sick of pointing it out to everyone.

The last link in my previous post. Read it.

15. bcrich

bcrich New Member

thanks mate. i saw you pointing that link to many of them who want to buy an electric guitar but are confused on what to buy!

Thanks! ;)

16. ironman12

ironman12 New Member

dude the rg series tremolos suck..neva stay in tune..

17. bcrich

bcrich New Member

it stays for a while. besides that, i am not vai who uses trem ALL the time. they're good for seldom use.

sorry that i used the word often in my previous posts. i do not use the trem, often. but still i want a guitar with a decent one.

18. insatanity

insatanity New Member

19. ironman12

ironman12 New Member

try out the jackson im tellin u they have far better pickups than ibanez rg350 and trem is far better too if set up well...and fretboard is awesome too..

20. bcrich

bcrich New Member

@ultrabot90
    Ok friend. this is the latest thought to my problem. after reading your suggested link, i've decided to wait up for the guitar and buy a new and better amp.

Price Range: 12k-25k
    Genres: Metal/Rock/Progressive
    Guitar: Ibanez GRG170DX

Questions:
    Is the price range adequate? Should i make it more or less?
    Should I go for a tube/valve amp? Are they more expensive than simple amps?
    Should I make it vice-versa and go for a decent guitar and continue playing it through my marshall mg15dfx?
    (considering marshalls/laneys/rolands)