what brand of cloths...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DesiPride143, Jun 1, 2005.

1. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

he he.... i like the Peter India Shirts U Get at Andheri Station .... :rule: :rule:

2. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

u get amazing stuff from fashion street ...that's true

3. coolgirl_babe

coolgirl_babe ~STOP TRYING TO BE ME~

I am not quite sure whether u get that brand in India or not.

4. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

in highschools in US, ppl wear abercrombie & fitch, hollister, american eagle and so on.

5. coolgirl_babe

coolgirl_babe ~STOP TRYING TO BE ME~

Most of the gals in US wear Abercrombie & Fitch, and Hollister. Hollister is my fav. ;)

6. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

Hollister is a cheap version of A & F...same fashion but cheap...and no i don't wear it...A & F is da best...

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

indians are idiots to buy foreign garments or brands.

they should support their own home industries as much as possible not just for clothes but for everything.

everytime someone buys a reebok tee shirt instead of from an indian brand - we get poorer and they get richer, even if by 5 cents.

on the other hand, if only we supported our own brands, like americans ALWAYS do, and so do people of most other countries, then our indian companies would become mnc sized or thereabouts real soon, so vast is the indian market.

its almost trecherous and definitely unpatriotic to buy foreign stuff and should be avoided as much as possible except when necessary - eg. when no indian brand makes that product etc.

we dont need mcdonalds to teach us how do make chicken tikka massala and barista to teach us about coffee now do we??
    next we will have a american yoga chain selling ice to us eskimos !!

read about dada bhai naoroji's "Drain theory" to get the drift.

DrSaurabh likes this.
  8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

righto jammy....u getting reps for this:)
    ever wonder that why the vada-pav doesnt have the cult status of the burger....even tho it tastes a billion times better.....and is essentially the same thing ????
    like u wud put it...a vada pav just isnt as dapper or as chic as the burger

9. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

one thing india needs to learn from the west is how to market/package things better.

if we knew this one thing, we could have "curry houses" in the west instead of parlours selling bland pizzas in india. and so on.....

10. coolgirl_hotty

coolgirl_hotty New Member

Hollister is better than A&F. Well, all the gals at my school think so.... :think:

11. coolgirl_hotty

coolgirl_hotty New Member

I bought this pair of pajamas, made in India. After a single wash it shrank. Now that's Indian brand. .....

12. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i could point out a 100 american brands where the same result would take place.
    believe me not all yankee brands are levi's and nike quality.

try a better brand next time.

i believe it wasnt mafatlal or vimal .

13. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

i mostly wear levis,reebok,wrangler,nike,fabindia....i am very specific abt my shoes.....i feel "shoes maketh the man"!!! i am hopin to buy nike shox in the comin months :p any suggestions abt that?

14. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yes...dont just limit your beautiful worldview to shoes but take it further and try to explore whether other equally important things such as underpants, condoms, razors and earrings also maketh the man.... all the very best.

15. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

thanks for enlightening me my lord!

16. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

thanks for enlightening me my lord! (said sarcastically)

17. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

true dude... indian companies need to get theit act together... brand building is hardly seen....

18. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

also indians need to get together... behind their own brands... to help build them.... think about it.

19. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

i think india is together... good indian stuff does sell... we have examples everwhere... its more about the compnaies letting their brands mature.... so that ppl can tell .... this brand is Indian...

20. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

well they are wrong den...u can go check urself...hollister is alot cheaper and is basically copies A&F....