What Book are you reading now?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vini, Oct 10, 2005.

1. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

Anthem by Ayn Rand;)

I just finished up the book Anthem by Ayn Rand....It is pretty good....Its about the concept collectivism, how people has to work as a group always and they should have the same views and thoughts.....No person is considered uique....all are equal...Then one person realizes the word Ego through a love life and inventions of his own.......He realizes an intellectual's power compared to a group.....
    pretty good book...it holds to some values of communism as well...u can read it in one sitting :beer:

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't know but non-fiction has always bored me as reading material unless it involves fiction-like drama....that's probably my lack of maturity showing but still.....

Right now I've started on the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

The only gyaan type book I've read in not-so-recent times is "Women are from Venus, men are from Mars" for sheer hilarity though I admit that some of the words in there are golden.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*gulp*
    all bookworms here

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm...I can sell mine :)

for 60% of the actual cost

PS--its a grey market edition

5. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

i don believe u read shantaram.....i was expectin u to say somethin like playboy and stuff......hehehehehhehe.......

6. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

i got mine for 100bucks..but lost it when i'd been to Kerala :(
    and i buy grey market stuff too..its cheap and best

btw jus finished reading "Veronika decides to Die"
    i liked the book...:)

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Archie comics.

yeah, I rule.

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

cool post a quik review plz...Paolo Coelho rocks....

I finished The Argumentative Indian - Amartya Sen...finally

Looking for some Rushdie stuff

btw, does anyone has old Tintin and/or asterix and obelix stuff for sale?
    also I need to purchase the book "The Third Policeman" by Flann O Brien........anyone has it and is willing to sell....plz PM me

9. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

I read Freakonomics - by Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner....quite amusing...its fun to see what you can deduce from simple data...liked it!!

Currently reading some Short stories by Roald Dahl....no no..not the children stories he writes..but those he has written for the grown ups...:p:
    Seriously speaking the stories i read till now were really good,explores the darkest sides of very good ppl...and these tales have great twists in the end...fun to read as it takes only 10-15 mins to read one story...;)

10. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

I am reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and came into a conclusion that reading a dictionary is better than reading the book....:shock:
    Just read the first chapter..and dunno if i wanna read more or not...

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That's happened to me twice....first with Charles Dickens' Great Expectations and then with J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.

yeah, I braved it through.

12. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

U thought Great Expectation was hard to comprehend:shock: :shock:
    Oh Gosh! i thought it was pretty easy to understand though:eek:: For this specific book, there would be atleast two words that you wont be able to understand in each sentence.....I was trying to read the book with an online dictionary too:shock: :eek::

13. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

@the_wizard: Dude, I have all the old Tintin series (the ones by Herge) scanned into high resolution JPEGs on a CD. I believe it contains all 21 comics from the original series. Tell me if you want it.

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You are officially my new best friend :grin:

15. shak

shak Harrr!

does reading tom clancy counts? or am i still a n00b when it comes to books?

16. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

LORDD sweetie, you really wanna sit there boggle-eyed...try As I Lay Dying by william faulkner....

17. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Just finished The Alienist by Caleb Carr, not for the faint of hearted, gross(sic) insights into the twisted object called the human mind. I found it fascinating.

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmmm...okie....I usually prefer the printed stuff, but this will be ok.

btw, I have the e-books of all Asterix and Obelix...if ur interested lemme know.

19. rock all

rock all New Member

just started

i hav just started reading da vinci code...

20. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Jonathan strange and Mr. Norrell-Susanna Clarke