What are ur Favorite Movies???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by kaiser, Nov 18, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Life Is Beautiful..
    Matrix..
    LOTR
    Dumb and Dumber lots..

2. kaiser

kaiser Bored

hindi movies r changing for the better.....but yeah.....rijaaz, there sure is a lotta crap being made too.....whenever theres someone who does something new, theres a whole lotta 'filmmakers' who cash in on the idea.....

hahk started a trend thats finally dead (thankfully)....

dil chahta hai...everyones making a youth-oriented film these days....but one wudnt calll them 'films'.....they suck..

then came the 'bold' stuff.......not even one of em is close to aesthetic. all sleazy stuff.....wonder when theyll stop.

3. Menon

Menon New Member

Yeah Dude..
    Couldn't agree with you more man..and also abt the Matrix..till reloaded, it was goin really good...but revolutions was a what we call in the hotel line, a trimmings dish, something like chop suey, takin stuff that's left over, puttin it together and makin somethin outta it..so there..
    What puts me off abt hindi movies is the melodrama..and the obvious story lines, I mean..what's the use of makin a movie like Aitraaz(Disclosure rip-off) if you don't leave NEthing to the intelligence of the movie-goer, then again, it's not for us intellectuals that they're makin these movies..it's for the crowds..the Gaiety, Galaxy, Minerva crowd eh??
    Yeah Seven was classy..Mulholland Drive, pls somebody exlain to me, what it is this Mulholland Drive(MTV lift man style!!)..for the downright hilarious movies, Road Trip gets a nod, Ace Ventura series, Will Smith...
    Dammm...I forgot one of my favourites..As Good as it Gets
    Ok..there are many more man..but before I take off again on one of my tangents, I'll sign out..:)
    Cheerio
    Menon

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

so far

jerry maguire ---- was nice ....

5. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i liked and do still like TopGun one of all time favs. .. gives me inspiration

6. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Following are my fav...

DDLJ,
    Dil Chahta Hai,
    RHTDM,
    Mitr - My Friend,
    Rockford,
    Hera Pheri,
    Titanic,
    Matrix Triology,
    The Borne Supremacy,
    Terminators,
    007 Bonds,
    Home Alones,
    etc....

Many more... but atleast above ones are i sit down to watch anytime, if i get the chance!!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

7. kaiser

kaiser Bored

hahh........just thinking of hera pheri makes me laugh....
    awesome film dude...
    im kinda sick of bond films. used to fascinate me wehn i was a kid but now they come in the 'spiderman-batman' genre for me.

8. bob-bobby

dil chahta hai was nice too , the threesome were good , too good infact !!

9. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

DCH is super.. Especially the Apartment in Australia and The Car to Goa..

10. Menon

Menon New Member

Heyya Guys..
    Rightt..Hera Pheri was the Bomb..I take great pride in sayin that it's taken off a Malayalam flick called RamjiRao SPeaking..the original is sinfully funny..and it loses something in translation, but it's a blast NEhow..
    I wonder how many ppl have seen this movie called Let's Talk, it's got Boman Irani in it..explores the tussles of a married couple..compelling performances and close to life situations..
    Cheerio
    Menon

11. kaiser

kaiser Bored

nah i havent seen it. btw, boman is damm funny a guy.
    i watch munna bhai mroe for dr j dot ashthana than for anyone else in the film.

btw , munna bhai was one film straight from the heart. superb.
    n hey jayanth.....that apartment was beautiful.......u bet. couldnt agree with u more. the last scene of fight club had some apartment ladat too....

12. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

A walk in the clouds.
    U hav got mail.
    City of Angels.
    (all meg ryan movs u cud think of..... she's the cutest thing alive)
    Serendipity. (so unreal but so mushy :p: )

Last of the Mohicans (bcoz of Madeleine Stowe... can some1 b more butiful than her ????? impossible...... )

Matrix.
    Pitch Black.
    Assasins.

Fight Club.
    Undercovr Brothr.
    Blue Streak.
    Bad Boys.

Prahar.
    Dil Chahta Hai.

HeraPheri
    Munnabhai MBBS

Black (havnt seen yet ;) )....

aftr i remember some more.. wil post again..

13. shak

shak Harrr!

i remebered another one..
    "the rain maker" ... this is the only movie that actually made me very sad :( :( .... very strong story and very emotional stuff... especially at the end

14. bob-bobby

munna bhai mbbs
    hera pheri

15. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

steve martini & debra winger ?
    tht was gooood.

16. shak

shak Harrr!

no the one which is based on john grisham's novel..Matt Damon,Claire Danes, Danny Glover etc.

17. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Napolean Dynamite
    Not Another Teen Movie
    Harold and Kumar: Go To White Castle

3 Best Movies EVER!
    Funny, yet random.
    EVER!
    EVER!
    EVER! (echoing)

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

and my favs are:
    Pulp Fiction,A Clockwork Orange, 12 Monkeys, Bladerunner,One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, Requiem For A Dream, The Usual Suspects, Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels, Memento, Full Metal Jacket ,American History X.

..phew that was a long list, but surprisingly ive only heard Pulp Fiction being mentioned before on this thread.

19. nadish

nadish Active Member

Behind Enemy lines
    Supari &
    Company
    And sorry 2 say that I dont like Pakistani Movies

20. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Titanic
    Titanic
    &
    Titanic.