What are ur Favorite Movies???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by kaiser, Nov 18, 2004.

1. kaiser

kaiser Bored

I love movies. i even wanna make atleast one in my life.

the title of the thread says everything.....just go ahead n tell us about ur fave films. dont let it turn into a poll like thing...its a discussion.

u can name one or twenty. but do mention films that u really liked n what was special bt them...let us know ur tastes n do recommend some films too....

here r some of my faves:

1. usual suspects: this is the most mindblowing film ive eveer seen. its got the smashiest storyline n its told in an awesome way. i really liked the idea of a seemingly weak n dumb guy getting away with a brilliant web of impromptu lies.....verbal kint fooled everyone!
    watch this one everybody!!

2. the godfather: i just cant get enuf of this one. everyone from marlon brando as the don to the wily solozzo to the reluctant michael...everyones compelling. i like the way michael, who hates the business, ends up taking over. al pacino at his best.....those who havent seen this, i suggest that u read the book before u do. godfather by mario puzo.
    ull have a good good time.

3. company: oh yeahh baby... ramu rules.....
    this one was cmpared to the gdfather but it was diffrent. it was always sposd to be inspired from dawod-rajan (or was it dawod shakeel) relationship. whatevr....it was extremely well made made n slick. the background score was the highlight of the film n so were the gripping, real performances of the chars in the film....vivek o. was good, but ajay devgan was the real winner.....n yeah the southie comissioner was totally dude....

4. sixth sense: i was cursing my frends while watccing the movie in the hall. it was boring like hell n i wanted out. but then, after half the movie i realise that the kid was doin a good job n then....came to twist in the end. twisted plots like that make for good cinema. the tormented kid.....was awesome. shaymalan....we wanna more!!!

5.i can go on and on.......but heres my last one for now.
    DDLJ.....*sigh*..... a good old sugary love story. when i think abt it...i realised that the film had no concrete storyline. boy falls in love with girl. parents object. boy tries to win over everyones hearts. but the way it was treated..eyah thats what made me feel good. im no sucker for goeey stuff ladat but this one is great....all other movies in this genre are shit. hum apke hain was the worst film of all time.

more coming up later.....

over to u....

2. 1.basic Instinct
    2.basic Instinct
    3.basic Instinct
    4.basic Instinct
    5.piyari Jawani

Jokes Apart ...the Game Was Good Too..
    And Then The Godfather..

3. all abbas-mustan, yash chopra and karan johar movies are mi favz

4. tejas

tejas ..........

Life is beautiful - I love this movie
    Girl Interupted - I dunno why, but i like it a lot
    DDLJ - My all time fav hindi movie

Thats all i guess.

5. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Undercover Brother....

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

The Godfather, Exorcist, Evil dead(funniest darn movie i ever watched:) ) and for some reason, Kal ho na ho......(Scoff all ye want:) )

7. Reem

Reem Banned

My Favorite Movie is QSQT... cos it has a sad ending.. that's what happens in real life..

A strange contradiction is that i hate TITANIC even if it has a sad ending..

8. kaiser

kaiser Bored

Reem....i too didnt like titanic.....way too mushy....donno how it was a rage.......

Disturbed.....kal ho na ho is another one of those movies....they have no great stuff but some thing bt them just clicks....preity was so beautifuuullll man. i think thats why it worked.....preity zintaahhhhh!

btw.......i post a huge msg ladat n i get just puny one liners for replies.....cmon, nobody here a mvie buff?

9. Lizard_King

Lizard_King New Member

Fight Club
    Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
    Snatch
    Full Metal Jacket
    Seven
    Memento
    Apocalypse Now
    The Godfather Trilogy
    The Exorcist
    Ocean's Eleven
    6th sense
    Natural Born Killers
    Boondock Saints
    Confessions of a dangerous mind

10. Menon

Menon New Member

THe Godfather : What can I say?
    The Game: Intriguing twists and turns..concept!!
    Usual Suspects:UNbelievable Climax
    Pulp Fiction:Suave
    Truman Show:Again, concept
    The Doors: Val Kilmer's depiction of JD Morrisson
    Scent of A Woman
    Platoon
    Teen Diwarein: Mind BOggling narrative
    Dil Chahta Hai:proximity to reality
    Chupke Chupke(Old One)
    Sholay

These are all that come to mind immediately and a few others like the ones listed in the previous list..Wonderful movies these..talkin abt movies..I was wondering if NE1s seen Mulholland Drive, I forget the name of the maker, but it's the same dude who did Memento..if some1s seen it, then pray explain the damned thing to me..hope there are a few yall haven't had the pleasure of watching, so I can have the pleasure of letting you knw abt them..:)
    Cheerio
    tOke it easy
    Menon

11. Rohan

Rohan New Member

Its Usual Suspect all the way -> I think everyone should watch this movie once in his lyftime. Hats off to director Kerry singer.Gr8 performances by Kevin Spacey,Gabriel Byrne and Chazz Palminteri.And dialogues........Check my signature.

12. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

My favs, other than what most ahve already mentioned (like Godfather etc):
    1. Fight Club
    2. Memento
    3. Shawshank redemption
    4. Requiem for a dream
    5. A Clockwork orange
    6. Spirited away (the best animated movie I've seen)
    7. Mulholland Drive (David Lynch - this movie will FREAK u out!)
    8. Amelie
    9. Cinema Paradiso
    10. No mans land

13. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

LIONKING is awesome..... i remember i literally cried, when mufasa died .......
    i love animated movies .....
    maachis ( my fav. chandrachud singh :) ) ....
    maine pyar kiya.... all time fav. ...very tender and sweet ....
    there are tons of good horror movies, but i get scared so i dont watch them .....

14. Menon

Menon New Member

Hehe..Same here madhura..almost cried at Mufasa's death!!
    Hey Ananth...looks like you don't really wanna share with me what Mulholland Drive was all abt..to me, it looked like a chick dreamin!!
    Cheerio
    Menon

15. kaiser

kaiser Bored

im gonna watch mulloland drive!1
    btw rohan its brian singer.......n yeah, u gt a great signature!!

thanks for reminding bt Seven n Fight Club.....they were awesome man!!!!

i watched lion king when i was a kid........n was moved by it. u know how ppl complain that americans are insensitive n all that but i wonder how they come upp the most subtle n sensitiev movies ever...

forrest gump made cry.......
    manster inc, fnding nemo, lion king n many more....

hindi films....Deewar is the most ultimatest film ive seen. vintage bolly wood.....

i even wanna see mughal e azam....evryones raving bt it?
    anybody here seen it?

16. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

1. Lord of the Rings trilogy - one of my fav stories of all time brought to life (although with a few variations, but still quite true to the book) magically by a brilliant caste and amazing director in a beatiful landscape. what else? liv tyler... vigo mortessen... ian mckellan...

2. Matrix trilogy - amazing storyline which shook the world. Great action scenes which redefined the meaning of stunts.

3. Ben Hur - an epic which will never lose out on its magnificance no matter how many new and better movies come...

4. Godfather 1 n 2 - decent reproduction of another one of my favourite books...

5. the 6th sense

6. Terminator 1 n 2 - everyone knows about these two films...

7. Dr. Zhivago - brilliant movie set in the war period but not directly linked to wars... its about a poet-doctor who is sincere about his job and how his fate changes during the war.

8. Guns of Navarone - mission : take down the guns of navarone... my first war-time movie and i was really fascinated by it.

9. Hitler - rise of evil/fall of evil

10. Braveheart - seems a bit slow sometimes and fast at others... apart from that the movie is quite good.

17. kaiser

kaiser Bored

well how did i forget matrix.......!

wht i liked bt matrix (besides the sexy action sequences) was that it was open-ended. i mean u could interpret the whole thing in many ways cuz the makes used a lotta symbolism. reminds of songs like stairway to heaven, hotel cal....

part one was babe.......but i think 2 n 3 sunk because they were riddled with too many symbolic ideas.. the stunt backfired, confusing everyone.

18. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

Timeline,
    Lord of the Rings

19. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

i dont like hindi movies any more, coz all of em are the same story

20. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

@ rizaaj
    Well... thats a bit over generalizing... but i guess i know what you mean...