What are patches..

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by born2tab, Jan 16, 2007.

1. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

What are patches..
    I had seen a krog processors demo when i had gone to purchase a base guitar for ma fren.
    I was really amazd...but then i heard that u need to have patches to get the signature tone for a particular band...
    As if u want GnR then u need a particular patch and so on.:shock:

So what are these patches exactly..are they exe files are they are on windows patch :p:

or are they any settings on the processor to get the desired affect.:think:

Meri batti jalao guruz

2. shahbaz.arshad

shahbaz.arshad New Member

what r patches.

hi
    u may find it in isohunt.com torrents, not only krog procosser but i would suggest u to Download guitar pro 5 its amazing.....

3. shahbaz.arshad

shahbaz.arshad New Member

Patches are nothing but EXE file which makes ur demo version to work full versions so there will be no hazels to buy the product keys or register the software

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^LOL, not those patches.
    See, in order to get certain tones: lets say Carlos Santana, you need to fix certain parameters on your processor.

So for Santana tone: we require a Mesa Boogie Mark I or II or III amplifier simulation.
    Next we need a gain of say 4
    And EQ of say 5-Bass, 8-Mids, 3-Treble.
    And then we need a delay too: suppose: 350s delay signal with 2-3 repeats.

Now suppose by doing all this you get a tone which is close to Santana, you would wanto save teh settings - aint it?
    So that next time you can get it at an instant.

So what you do on a procesor is save these settings. This saved setting is known as PATCH.

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  5. born2tab

^^^hey guru..thanks once again..that was the exact info i was looking for:)

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^^ Don't forget that the amp you use will make the final cut. You may not hear a Santana sound out of a Stranger Cube.

Now if only I couldn't get some decent sound out of my 707II. All those 707II websites have patches that have gain maxed out at 30 and tone set to 8-10. Again, it's the amp that's making all the difference.

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nah, its not the amp, but teh n00b tendency to dial gain as high as possible, and tone as scooped as possible.

F O R . A L L . P A T C H E S

Be it a blues patch or a kvlt metal.

9. born2tab

plz dont tell me that the amp has the role....coz the only amp i have is a stranger cube20:(

10. born2tab

N e ways got the concept cleared..thankz a lot guruz

11. born2tab

One more thing...are patches different for different processors or do all the processors follow the same settings

12. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

diff processor has diff patches but the modelling parameters that alpha described would be pretty much the same for any prcessor

13. thehundredthone

I like thrash metal (Marty Friedman, Testament, Anthrax style) and a nice middy-bassy distortion for my metal patches. My gain preference is generally around 20-22 (707II max is 30) and distortion levels around 4-5 (max 8). Still the sound that comes out is so digitally clippy and harsh... it's expected to some extent but come on!

e.g. When I play 2 strings one after the other it sounds like the guitar has a sore throat, you know? Harsh almost growly type of sound. I don't know how to make it sound smooth. I'm a n00b with tones but I tend not to appreciate the crap I come up with.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Hehehe
    Make a clip.
    :)

Let us also hear.

PS: dude, I was not referring to you when I mentioned the n00b tendency. I was talking about the numerous websites harbouring patches.

15. thehundredthone

Here are the 2 patches I'm talking about. Any eqing help would be appreciated.

Both files are actually zip files. Just rename to zip and unzip. The files inside should be mp3. If not rename those as well :)

[strike]One question. Audacity + kxdrivers = no choice of input + I think it's recording my wave out because the midi is getting recorded. I'm mucking around with the mixer and routing but any ideas?[/strike]

Attached Files:

16. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

LOL Fu*k Tubes, This is Tr00 Distortion man !!! :grin:

P.S: I SOOO Want a ZOOM :mad:

17. thehundredthone

Hardy har har. :mad:

How about some eqing help?! Low is at -7 on the "rhythm" patch ffs! I like my bass but this gives me a really low hum when I palm mute the 6th string.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Und warum the heck did you rename your attachemtns as PDF?

You can attach ZIP also as attachemtn.

19. thehundredthone

Porque hay un límite del tamaño por .zip files :p:

20. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I'm still trying to figure out why ppl PAY for those shitty procs....