what are guitar scales????

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by pure_angel, Oct 6, 2005.

1. pure_angel

pure_angel New Member

I dont know about scales?... define scales, how to play scales on guitar?... where we could find them?... how to play guitar scales without listening to them first?...please help me regarding scales!!!
    THanks

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

look at the links below the replies. Goto comprehensive guitar tutorial.

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

^ bjr..ru talking about the ones posted by taquila> if yes then im afraid...he hasnt mentioned scales..not atleast in his tutorial-1 :shock: dunno where this chap disappeared.

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

5. pure_angel

pure_angel New Member

it did'nt help?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

7. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

well.....even i wonted to get clear on scales

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Scales are a bunch of notes which sound nice when played together. There are tons of scales each giving a special sound.
    The advantage of scales is that they act as a guidline with the help of which u can p-lay solos over a riff or a chord progression

For Example Im gonna analyse the solo of stairway to heaven( i presume uve heard this song)
    The solo(very famous) starts around the 6th minute:
    The Backing chords are A5-G5-F5. Thus the key is A minor and Jimmy Page plays the solo on a Aminor scale

I suggest u chekc out the tutorial section to find out more about scales, how to construct scales etc etc. Ud find them a big help in improvisation(soloing).

9. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

there s no such thing as a guitar scale.

a scale is normally 7 notes with the 8th note being the octave of the root note.
    u play these scales and use these scales in diff instruments..and guitar is one of those musical instruments..where u use them.

please look through tutorials..and get basic information first atleast,or look on the internet...and then if u have doubts..there are a few experienced players..who will be more than willing to help.

10. pure_angel

pure_angel New Member

thank you v much