What all should i buy with a ELECTRIC Guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Pranav Rocks, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Pranav Rocks

Pranav Rocks New Member

Hi Everyone!!

I will be buying an Electric Guitar within the next 3 weeks. I am planning to buy a guitar in the range from 15k-20k. Along with a amplifier, belt, stand, bag what all should I buy with the guitar? How much does a distortion pedal cost? any idea how much a headphone costs?
    I want to buy a Amplifier which has all the adjustments. my budget is around 5k for this.

Please reply guys as I need to finalise my budget shortly.

Pranav Rocks

2. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

plectrums!? try to get those too..

3. Pranav Rocks

Pranav Rocks New Member

well that is quite obvious. I already own a acoustic which I have been playing for last 6 yrs. anything else you can suggest.

4. distorted

distorted satan

Invest more on the amp... Dats really important... If u've invested 15-20k on guitar, u deserve a better amp. Most of the people do this mistake, they cut frm amp n invest on guitars n pedals... But widout a gud amp, a 20k guitar wont sound much different frm a 12k one.
    Cut the pedal fr nw n get a decent laney fr arnd 10-11k, it'll be having a few inbuilt effects too which will do fr nw.

5. Pranav Rocks

Pranav Rocks New Member

Guys..I am buying a Ibanez GRG 150 BKN guitar priced around 15k. It sounded quite nice. what do you guys feel abt the choice? Also am buying a Digitech Processor and an Amp. what do you all think?

6. silentassassin

silentassassin New Member

Get VOX Amps...

If you are hoping to invest 10K-11K on amp then definitely go for Vox. Also it has the best EFX you can find in mediocare price amps. Check out the Vox website for more information.
    I think VOX VT15 may be good. These are tube amps-the best you can find in the market. Moreover, many of the greatest musicians and bands including the liverpool band Beattles used Vox as their intial amps.....

And as for pedals, a distortion pedal can cost anything from 2K to 20K(and more).... for now Boss OS-2 Overdrive+Distortion pedal might be good if you want both overdrive as well as distortion. You can get them in something near Rs.3700

7. silentassassin

silentassassin New Member

GRG150 is good, but GRG170DX is better for a lower price...
    Check out Ibanez guitar reviews at Ultimateguitar.com and u will know....
    Also check out Zoom G2 or ZoomG2.1 if u want a multi-processor.......
    Do some research before buying a guitar, go to different sites of guitar brands and check out what they are rae made up of and then make your choice....

8. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

@pranav
    jeez man...grg150 for 15k!
    I got mine for 11k.. 8 mnths
    ago. *recession..blah blah..*
    nd abt d guitar, no probs wit it yet..:)
    best of lk.

9. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

@pranav
    best of lk.

10. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

@pranav
    best of lk.

11. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

^
    oh my bad.
    sorry for the multiple posts!
    Got carried away.

12. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

The ppl at the store would let you know what all you need.

I feel Ibanez sounds better on roland and Laney.
    Tube amps obviously are an alltogether diff experience. But since you say 5k for amp Go for Marshall MG15DFX, It has decent effects and i like the distoriton. You'll get it for 7k
    If you are going for a DFX amp than you can skip the pedal for now on and buy it later.

Else go for Zoom. Digitiech sucks. I have an RP90, even post tweaking it sounds too ****in digital.

Your guitar choice has no problems. It's a nice guitar.

13. Pranav Rocks

Pranav Rocks New Member

I saw the reviews of Digitech RP50 AMP on Ultimateguitar.com and it has good reviews. so i am confused now. what should i buy? I am a beginner in electric guitar.... so is the RP50 sufficient for me or should i buy Zoom? how much does it costs?

14. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Why rp50?? rp70 is much better.
    u got other options like korg ax30g nd zoom g2.
    personally i feel the korg performs the best of the lot.

15. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

Good reviews also cinfused me, but check it out yourself man!
    Zoom and Korg are better anytime!

16. distorted

distorted satan

Korg>digitech>zoom.
    But m nt sure abt the lower end korgs.
    N zoom sucks, dont believe the guys... I've had both zoomG2.1u n digitech rp80... Quite a difference in their price, still digitech sounded better...

17. Pranav Rocks

Pranav Rocks New Member

What's the matter Buster? why do u hate this thread mate? Is it offending you mate?

18. distorted

distorted satan

^nw u've got yrself ina mess by responding to him.

19. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

let the spamming begin...