WHAT ALL AM I ALLOWED to TAKE ON AN AIRCRAFT???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by UjSen, May 13, 2006.

1. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Hi all:cool:

i'm going on thursday to bangkok so--

1.i am taking my electric wid me.do i have to check in my amp,or take it as hand baggage??

2.do u have to pay customs for distortion pedals and processors???

please help me out!!:help: :help: :nw: :nw:
    THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

2. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i think u hav to check all dat in as fragile objects..coz otherwise itll come out pretty fcked up in bkok

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

going to bangkok for a concert?? :p:

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

partly yes

but answer the q please!!!:nw:

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  5. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^ when i travel, im always asked if im crrying an acoustic or an electric..they request you to check in the electric, but you mite want to check it out by the airline, call em up and double-chck.

As for the amps..yea you;re going to have to check it all in. They wont let you carry it. Check it in as fragile..and extra care..or else its really going to be hard for you to get it back in one peice. (The red fragile stickers dont really help much! ;))

As for the cstom payments..you prolly will have to pay in india..assuming thats where you are starting from, but you;ll have to ready for harrasment. I remember having to pay for my laptop-even though its considered normal baggage :annoyed: In bangkok-there prolly isnt custom payment for ur equipment but there might be tax, based on the price of your stuff!!

Hope that was helpful, take care.
    And have lots of fun! :grin:

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

wait...wasnt this thread bigger? What did I miss?

I've only travelled by plane once....trains are where it's at to move across the country!

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

This was when he was 1 year old and he was shipped across from Africa to India......He traveled in a crate so he couldnt appreciate air travel very much...So pardon him.

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

spammer spammer, eat your hammer!

9. Rajeshwary

Rajeshwary New Member

you cant take nailcutters, that would make u a potential terrorist. But you can take butane lighters, yea thats legal.

10. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

thanks petunia:nw:
    and iraqita:nw:

rest of u
    thanks for spamming and making this a lively thread:grin:

11. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^im luved by all

12. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Lighters aren't allowed anymore. I carried it once (domestic flight) and put it in my friends bag which he was taking inside the flight. They saw it and asked him to go check-in his bag.

13. Rajeshwary

Rajeshwary New Member

oh. i should sell my phillip morris stocks then.

14. vishalj

vishalj Banned

They still makes cigarettes...

15. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Wouldn't it be better to ask the airline rather than the folks on IGT?

16. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

better yes..interesting no

17. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Everyone on the IGT is socially inept. Talking on the phone is a big no-no

18. Definately, definatley do not put your guitar in with the cargo if you value it.

Saw a wrecked gutiar on the cargo carosel. The fool didn't even use a flight case.

Just been to Malaysia and back with Emirates and they were great.
    They told me I can take it as hand luggaage even though it was bigger than the overhead compartments.

The flight crew put it in thier private cupboard which is the height of the plane.
    Infact they joked that they would not let me have it back unless i play it for them.
    I joked back by saying i don't do solos just to cover my inadequate playing.
    Phew that was a close one ha ha.

19. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

they made me take of a chain i was wearin - it was real big...will post pic of it l8er.....they made me take it off and put it in my suitcase...friggen shitfaces...

20. vishalj

vishalj Banned

You could have strangled some pretty airhostess with it. Afterall, you do listen to punk rawk!