What a Shame! I cant even learn Music now!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Dec 22, 2005.

1. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I have heard that the best things in life are for free.

No.

I usually (when i find tough to figure out songs using tabs) download the powertabs files which help me better to figure out the songs as well as learn them with accurate timings. Today, when tried to download a tab file from www.powertabs.net. It had a notice that it has been closed because some damn MPA thinks that they are stealing the copyrights of the songwriter and have sued them. They have made a statement like...

"Unauthorised use of lyrics and tablature deprives the songwriter of the ability to make a living, and is no different than stealing,"

oh yeah? how could the songwriter make a living without listeners like us? They are making a living because we listen to their music.

Isnt this irritating? :annoyed:

please check the link below for details...

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL.. Try Mysongbook and Guitar Pro dude.. Its still on..

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I have a nice big collection of gp3 files..some guy in my college took the pains to download most of the common bands' gp3s..:beer:..and I keep adding the ones I find missing..
    Go and get it while its still there...MPAA is hellbent on acting like jerks..

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I downloaded some 22500 gp3 files collection.. For a friend.. I still have it.. its about 50 MB zip file.. If anyone wants??

ASK!!!

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

PM me if u want some tabs in text or gp3/gp4 etc format.

I might be having some stuff.

I guess same will hold true with many other guys too. (say what hindiRox?)

7. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

True True.. I can email the full 50 MB thing.. And as far as Guitar Pro is concerned its still legal.. So no issue in sharing them.. Its for educational purposr.. no one is using it commercially.. So Request and its gonna be posted..

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

22500:shock:....MAN!..how much time did it take?..all files on mysongbook are dwnled in seperate window, right?..no 'download all with DAP':p:..or did you wget the whole site and keep the gp3 files:think:
    Edit:You dled a precompiled collection??..ok..ok..

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Nebu - it came as a zipped file.. And it took me about 7-8 minutes to download

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i got it too:) got it off lime wire

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

:eek:: ....

hey..i just happen to get off my lazy butt and start playing some new songs...but in vain... :annoyed:

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^^^ Dude take that suggestion.. Try Guitar Pro..