Whammy Pedal - How effective?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ultrabot90, Dec 27, 2007.

1. DagMX

DagMX New Member

he always does something amazing with his whammy :p

I think the coolest use of a whammy is herman li from dragonforce. He lifts his S series up by the whammy and slams it down on his body.
    Either that or dimebag playing withou the headstock, but thats more to do with the locking nuts

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

The bassy in the live footage of Comfortably Numb also has a headless bass. I hate the look of those things, I prefer headstock-ed guitars.

3. DagMX

DagMX New Member

true...but theree are some really ***y headless basses out there. it helps with long necked instruments. Lowers head weight so it balances better. Practically, they are infinitly superior ot other guitars

4. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

captain, veering off course

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

6. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

^ whatever happened to your title ? :D

7. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

@DagMX, the 100 etc etc - The main point of this discussion is about how much better a whammy pedal is used with a fixed bridge guitar, over a guitar with a complex and much more expensive FR. If we could all get a *good* FR-fitted guitar with our eyes closed, (ie we had 40+k rs to fling XD), life would be easier, and this thread wont eggjist. I guess it's settled already. LSD gave the strength to my initial thoughts. :grin:

But yeah, ReBoRn's point is a crucial one...I can never get that precise note (if I try to, for instance, play the outro of Cemetary Gates or somethin)

@the headstockless guitar discuss-wannabes - That's a FR Speedloader. Nifty things, they are.

@ReBoRn - Yep, I saw the user history the moment I saw my new title...well, even if it's a bit meaningless and tactless...I welcome it. My title changed for free :grin: