weird echo sound in guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by GtrPhreak, Jun 25, 2010.

1. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

hey guys,
    recently bought a new guitar and amp(yamaha erg121u and hartke g10).was working perfectly until recently when the cable yamaha provided stopped working.switched to newer one(bandridge cable i think).now thers a weird echo sound that is being produced.i took it to the guy i bought it from he told me i had kept the amp volume too high,so he changed the bass,treble and volume settings.worked pretty then but now the problems even worse.i tried connecting it to a hartke 40w amp and a marshall mg15cd,but problem still persists!
    could anyone please tell me whats wrong with the guitar/amp??
    i googled it up but it seems no ones ever heard of this kinda stuff !
    any kind of help would be greatly appreciated,cos its my first electric and this things really frustrating!!
    :((

2. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

somehow i think the problems mostly due to the low E string.cos on overdrive c5 and other power chords that dont us the lower e string sound perfect.similarly on clean Gmaj sounds terrible but Dmaj sounds pretty okay!
    ive uploaded some sample sounds!
    please check it out and pleaaaase
    help me guys!!
    hddp://rapidshare.com/files/402668258/sample.zip.html

3. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Your link isn't working

4. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

hddp://rapidshare.com/files/402668258/sample.zip.html
    Genius.

@OP - What caused you to buy that pile of junk? o_O

5. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

@ultrabot
    it was perfect until last week.as long as i dont use the lower e it still sounds pretty good.
    btw the erg121u is exactly the same as yamaha pac 012j which was my original choice and was suggested on igt.i read and re-read the configuration(only reason i preferred the erg was cos of its color).but otherwise its the same as the pac.
    any idea whats causing the problem??
    is it the guitar or the amp??

6. ultrabot90

"Oi vood shay...it seems like the guitar, missy!"

7. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

well as a last ditch effort im gonna try it out with a hartke 40w amp and a digitech rp500 processor.(just to be sure its not the amp)if it still doesnt work out i gotta take it back to yamaha!ive got a 1 year warranty on it!
    anyway there goes my first guitar!not even a month since i bought it.ive seen givson guitars do better than this!man this sucks!
    anyone with any gyan on this problem please do share it!

8. flood

flood New Member

your guitar is speaking to you.

it's trying to tell you that you need to assassinate the prime minister of malaysia.

your cue to do this is when you hear the echo sound your guitar makes more clearly.

the echo sound is a snippet from "relax" by frankie goes to hollywood.

YOUR GUITAR IS EVIL.

YOU MUST RESIST.

IT WORKS FOR MUGATU, DICTATOR OF ZIMBABWE.

KILL YOUR GUITAR WITH FIRE.

9. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

@flood
    thats a pretty hard hitting fact!!its barely a month old man!
    maybe i shud've bought a givson or a java strat!

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

why dont you ask that guy from which you bought it to replace ur guitar.. its jus one month old..

11. ultrabot90

Exactly, he should do it for free or very cheap.

12. flood

flood New Member

definitely not java.

java is part of indonesia.

indonesia is against malaysia too.

YOUR YAMAHA IS A JAVA IN DISGUISE.

BE CAREFUL. BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL.

13. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

@rickkkyrich and ultrabot90
    ive got a 1 year warranty on the guitar!i dont care if i have to camp outside their shop,but im definitely getting it changed!
    @flood
    even the pacifica series says made in indonesia i think.so thats a java in disguise too?

i seriously wonder how i manage to get myself in this kinda trouble!

14. ultrabot90

ROTFL!!!
    Dude...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_(island)
    flood played a pun on that.

Take it to the shop, have it looked at by a luthier. It's not that hard if you have warranty, which you do, so what are you going bonkers about?

15. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

first guitar dude!
    expectations=disappointment
    never expected this though!
    btw i tried a little experiment!i recorded the sound produced by the guitar without the amp,just kept the mike next to the guitar and recorded!i can still hear that echoing sound!so i guess that rules out the possibility of the pickups gone bad!
    but thats left me even more confused.it is after all a solid body guitar,so what would cos a solid body guitar to produce an echo like that??
    im uploading the sample of the recording if anyone wants to check it out!play it on vlc or smin like that,and ul need to really crank up the volume to hear it properly!
    hDtp://rapidshare.com/files/403004154/test.mp3.html

16. GtrPhreak

GtrPhreak New Member

hey guys,
    took my guitar and amp to Yamaha Music Square.they said nothings wrong with the guitar,but its the strings that are causing the problem.
    but could there be a problem with the guitar body?i had a notion that those kinda problems only happen in hollow body acoustic guitars and that solid body guitars are usually pretty study.its the electronics that usually get screwed up right?
    anyway gonna check it out again after i get a set of daddario extra light strings!

17. gpt

gpt New Member

maybe try a different cable?