weakness@CV???..helppppp

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vini, Jul 25, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

hi guys..i need to make my CV urgently...i cant come up with what weaknesses should i specify..grrr...so plz guys temme ur weaknesses ;) no..seriously i need some weaknesses..lol...also tell what all things r need to be mentioned in a CV apart from work ex, edu, interests, skills.....

thanx in adv.

tahda!!

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

that depends on where u are posting your CV ...

coz at many places they are not looking for large CVs ... just some striking points ...
    whereas in many companies ... they prefer (altho they never mention it explicitly) ... large detailed CVs ...

so the ques that needss to be answered first is: what is your target audience?

3. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

weakness..in a resume....man wat job ur applyin for..HR manager...

ull find mny cv templates on net...refer to them...there r a few embedded in MS word too...

regardin da weakness...write smthin which da interviewer cannot use as a weapon...like if u mention smthin like "I expect a lot frm people"....as a weakness...the interviewer will take da same thing and kill u wid questions.....
    durin ma interview i ws asked bout ma strengths nd weaknesses...nd bout da weakness i said "Im a very loud complainer which is not appreciated by some organisations"...the interviewer was baffled..nd interview ws over.....

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Never ever have a weakness related to the job your applying for, keep this in mind. I go through hundreds of resume every week this is a big NO NO! :aggre:

For weakness you can say fetish for old books or something! ;)

Also please do not submit your resume to jobs that dont match your expertise, just for the heck of it. That annoys me the most! :annoyed:

5. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

yeah never have a weakness..........

A resume is not a SWOT analysis........it was but the new format dosnt have weakness

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@cypher lolzzzz..wot a clean guess..not manager but yeah HR Exec.
    @neo.. u be sum hr chappie??

well..ok..but eventually it will be asked na..in interview :grin: just suggest sumthing atleast..and as neo said fetish for old books..what if the interviewer snaps back at me and asks the author of some silly old book or sumthing..iL be busted :grin:

@dlog...i worked as a recruitment executive sumwhere for 3-4 months and i saw zillions of such CVs.. a resume can just be SW analysis not OT :)

i have forgotten everything..otherwise i would have tepofied from one of those zillion CVs :shock:

tahda!!

7. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i have some sample resumes ..........if you want i can PM you!!!!

8. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

What sort of jobs do people have where there are no weaknesses? I'm not sure how career goals are set at some of the companies that some of you work at but mine, along with all the other companies I've worked at, are different. When they ask for a weakness, be honest. What are your strengths? If you have good negotiating skills, presentation skills, note them. If you know that you are not as confident or great of a speaker as you'd like, mention that as your weakness.

Reality is that EVERYONE has a weakness. If we did not have weaknesses, then what do you expect to get out of working at a company?

I'll list some of my weaknesses:
    - Not as strong of a presenter as I'd like to be
    - Need to work on my training abilities (similar to presenter but more interactive)
    - Not as strong in certain skillsets as I'd like to be (this deals specifically with the products at my company)
    - Written documents (not as detailed or properly laid out)

Here are some weaknesses I've noticed about some of the other individuals that work with me:
    - Not very clear in communicating in one-on-one dialogues.
    - Cannot delegate tasks well
    - Stuttering too much in presentations
    - Being indecisive.
    - Micromanaging

If you can't identify a weakness, then you cannot work on it.

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

K... I know this one:
    My weakness is that I get too passionate about my work that i tend to lax in other menial aspects of life.

...always works!!

10. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

Here's what your interviewer is looking for when any of these questions is asked:

1. What level of insight does this candidate have into his or her professional assets and liabilities?
    2. Can this candidate admit imperfection?
    3. Can this candidate take responsibility for a less-than-peak performances, without shifting blame to external factors or the employer?
    4. Will this candidate blurt out a "fatal flaw" that would disqualify her or him as a candidate? For example, chronic lateness or procrastination, inability to meet deadlines, poor organizational skills, difficulty working on a team, or a lack of integrity.
    5. How successfully has this candidate addressed the weakness/criticism/failure/poor performance in order to mitigate the shortcoming or prevent recurrence, and did this candidate take the initiative to improve?

https://www.collegerecruiter.com/pages/questions/question22.html

11. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Vini@ That was merely intended as an example. Not exactly an HR.

12. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

my weakness --

i love to play with myself too much...lol.

13. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

^^^^ hehehe,.... right ON!!

my weakness --

i keep on forgetting where i kept my joints.... hehe :insane:

14. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

One could think that your weakness is really a strength. Not many could play with themselves all day without breaking something.

15. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dont bother about specifying weakness in the resume. When faced with the question in an interview, tell them that you get too engorssed with your work or something like that. Make sure the weakness doesn't sound like a real weakness. Crappy HRs ask for such things but dont like a truthful answer. Basically the question is not to know your weakness rather to see how you handle that when being asked to talk about your weakness. So whatever you say, you have to say it comfortably and confidently.

16. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ dennis thats y ur part time job extends till wee hours of night..rotfl :grin:

tahda!!

17. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

well its been really long time , i made a cv for my self that was good old strugglin days - the cv was full of weakness :annoyed:

- no experience
    - no perfect qualification
    - qualification not matching with job requirement
    - not much of extra curricular activities ( then )
    - lack of references :annoyed:

along with weaknesses , vini i suggest why dont we discuss about some useful tips on CV which can helps some guys to garnish they cv much better :p:

18. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah sure ...

my CV suxxx bug time ...

19. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

plz do so...will help young job seekers lik me.....:beer:
    resolvin to net for templates is useless coz each site givs a nu template nd ppl get confused most of the times

20. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

no..trust me its a weakness.
    hahahahahhaha.

and you need a cold mug of beer to settle down out here.