we dont need no education?????????

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by taxyse, Aug 1, 2005.

1. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hmmm...i just had a thought
    can this be taken seriously????...........can i just **** up my studies fer becoming a rock star....????......is there ne future here india fer us aspiring ppl???/......
    i dont think it to be like that....i mean ...i dont think i can live a happy , prosperous life
    through just music...........i have to have higher education.....there is no way out.....what do u ppl think?????

2. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

do both!! or u'll be ruined!

3. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hain.....guitaring can continue along with studies....vice versa aint true.....

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

well....if ur actually about to take any such plunge...i'd like to suggest u that..u better dont completely give up on the idea of recieving any further education and rather be a soooper duper guitarist..!! its better to recieve bare quintessential of studies atleast... not doing this could be v.v. risky as v dunno how unpredictable the future can get.

lastly what i have learned is that..its very important to do the thing which u like or have great interest in..in order to be successful...that is it!! so follow ur heart but let ur brain navigate u sumtimes :)

tahda!!

5. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

if ur seriously plannin to do it...i sugesst u better measure da pros and cons of both nd take a complete plunge....tont try to stick ur legs in both

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

What a dumbass. Go to school.

dlogic likes this.
  7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

i agree with dmf - theres almsot no scope for professional guitarists in india - this is my plan - study hard - do undregrad from a top us college- get a good job- buy lots of really good guitars!!!! as vini says: tahda!

haha - stick to school

8. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

there are a few guitar players who make a livin out of playin music.
    theres very little scope for a guitar player in a band playin originals out here.
    there are few guys like Ravi Iyer in mumbai..who play in a band and teach guitar full time.
    and his band VAYU is also doin pretty well and get paid well for gigs.
    but their set is predominantly covers.

but u on the other hand want to become a "ROCK STAR" ..
    if u wanna bcome a full time musician do it for the love of music..and u maybe able to make a living out of it..
    i wanted to take up music full time too..but i m balancing my studies along with it now..

9. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

yeah go to school.........and dont get carried away by 'Floyd' (even thoug its phyesdelic)

10. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

Studies first.....or if u still want to be a ROCKSTAR, get a sponsor for life or get a rich dad

11. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

I say quit your education, just stop doing everything else and simply play guitar.
    Do not leave your guitar for a single second of the day. If anybody says anything, smash their head with the guitar.

If brave new explorers like you open the door and lead us, only then can the rest of us stop having real lives and play the guitar till the laquer an the back of the fretboard has melted into our skin and the guitar and your DNA have recombined and aligned themselves to form a single hybrid creature whose only purpose is to create music.

12. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Dont listen to him...... while he is suggesting u this, he might be studying hard to earn some nice moolah's,..hehe :p:

Come down to reality kid, study hard as of now,.. carry guitaring as your hobby side by side, as years pass by, u'll definitely be a good guitarist as well.

13. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

yup yup yup

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

methinks ... real_illusions was just being sarcastic ...

15. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

no he wasnt

16. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

then he is really in illusions :grin: ...

time to snap him back out of his reverie ...

17. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

All depends on u. ur will, ur power, ur craziness, ur fantasy and top of all ur detemination. n course one who is after money cant play guitar. musicians dont care (unless proffessionals). Studies wont either pay u in dollors if u dont study.
    Even if india, guys have shown their guts.. examples wont make sense but lets say palaas (euphoria). was a happy as doctor.....
    so go on man.. :rock: i play as a hobby but who knows wat next..

:beer:
    sachoo

18. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

I was being sarcastic, but now I've changed my mind. I say do it. Quit your studies, and practice about 20 hrs a day (that's four more than Satriani used to do) and forget about everything else.

You will probably be kicked out of the house on to the street, be broke and homeless and die in a few months of hunger or some disease you got from sleeping in a garbage dump but for those few months you will be a guitar god. That's definitely worth it man.

19. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

actually....i did mention the word 'RockSTAR'...but just to get u the idea .........uh!!!!!!!!!!!......i love my guitaring.......i am not doing it to make money or nething......but how the hell am i to continue all this if i dont have the money fer it.......
    i know; even if ii was born aborad somewhere...and was an awesome player....i might have never become a "ROCKSTAR" ...........i just play fer my passion......just fer the love of it.....

and yeah....i am NOT thinkin bout droppin my studies or nethin.....(nice try real_illusions!!!!!!)....i just wanted to discus all this.......cuz one of my IGTian friends often says to me.....'you dont need no ....education........' 'dont become just another brick in the wall with an engg degree in ur hand...'.
    duh

20. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

continue on ur studies
    as they are the most important thing in ut life and yeah
    DONT QUIT GUITARIN
    jus keep it as a hobby :)