WE DON"T BELONG

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by Rey1970, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

WE DON'T BELONG. (dedicated to Afgan kids)

We don't belong
    To anyone
    But ourselves
    Collecting dust
    Sitting on shelves.
    We sometimes imagine
    But do not know ,
    Where to escape to,
    Just where to go.
    we don't belong,
    To any one kind,
    But a little of all
    Making out,
    Catching chances,
    As they fall.
    We climb,
    we try,
    Being strong.
    But still,
    The silent kill,
    we don't belong.

copyright 2004 Dianne Khan.

2. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

I first wrote this poem in the '80s I think, it has always been 1 of my husband favorite,probably, because we started off a little poor when we first got married,anyways, & one day at work recently, he saw this picture of children in Afganistan,on a hill top, a chopper droping off help supply or leaving,but the kids were all sad and torn up clothes all dirty looking ,poor,the cameraman took the perfect pic. to show the world, he brought home the newspapper, and it just brought tears to my eyes, we wrote the newspapper & attached this poem to it, I haven't heard from them as yet,But I've seen so many pics. It makes us realize how fortunate some of us are,also when we think its bad for us ,hmm, we should think again.

3. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

A-W-E-S-O-M-E ...................................
    ur thots n ur poems ..

4. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

Thank you again subhro. ;)

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Nice one, by the way the poem goes i thought u were a guy, but this is really cool for a person 35 yrs old, and a for a alady its great. The way thinking process of elders and the way it works for women is diffrent. But this poem blends into the taste of younger gen.(But 1 confusion u said ur Husband, but ur profile reads Male)!

6. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

Hey nanda my husband use to come to IGT to get lyrics 4 songs, then he joined, and told me there is a poetry section, so sometimes I share my work on IGT you can visit my website www.diannekhan.com as I said b4 I wrote it in the '8os probably at the age of 19-20yrs old. :p: