We are testing new 'Slider under Ads' - Your opinions teammates ?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Super-Admin, Oct 6, 2011.

1. komal29

komal29 New Member

please find an alternative way of posting the ads..not this way..i cant close it again n again ..please

2. Vader

Vader New Member

i dont mind top bottom or side ads
    but pop ups are downright irritating also i second no pop ups for members!

3. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

haha i have a tough time clicking the small [x] button using my track pad. damn i click open the ads half the time zzzzzzz..

4. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@All - Thanks for your patience.

After much consideration, as of today, we've decided to take off the slider ads. The slider ads are turned off for everyone - registered users and guest.

Thanks.

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Out of curiousity, on what do you base your decision (outside the obvious protests from us?)

6. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Bjr - I never saw you guys as protest. It was considered as feedback.

Some of the points that were considered were:

Most important of all is, I found that not just registered members, it does have a negative impact on those users who are not registered too. Not a good experience if I had to close the windows every time I visit any page in the site.

Ease of Navigation Vs Revenue generated. If it's really worth putting users through sometime for the money it generated.

There was a bit of lag while rendering pages. I cannot pin point if it was because of the technology used, but I personally experienced it and after taking of the ads of, it's not the case anymore.

These were the things I considered before pulling it down.

And regarding mp3 attachments and other things, we really have some plans up the sleeve. We are working on it and need some funds before we can get them functional fully. Hope it happens soon.

Cheers :)