we all learn guitar together

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by samar_singh, Oct 22, 2006.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't particularly care if material is plagiarized if it's useful...but I see why it could be a problem for others.

I'm looking for some basic blues lessons...video or otherwise. I don't care if they're ripped-off as long as someone posts them.

2. samar_singh

samar_singh New Member

download guitar pro but dont try to play like the way they play cause we play overall music and they play drums guitar bass guitar everything but u can do one thing with guitar pro u can learn strumming pattern

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I know the strumming pattern, I know the scales, I know the "blue" notes....I just suck at the blues anyway. By lessons, I meant licks....or some tips to help me improvise.

4. samar_singh

samar_singh New Member

5. samar_singh

samar_singh New Member

New Idea and its working (Guitar Pro)

guys download guitar pro and switch off all the channel and try to strum on drum beats only and catch strumming pattern then u will learn to play easyly download gluz file sharing software and from there u can download guitar pro and many people has song collection in guitar pro format around 60000 songs almost every song is there in that collection try this

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I do it regularly....except I just mute the solo section and improvise on the rhythm. It's a good way to improve and a nice idea.....one-man practicing the 2 man way.

7. oldmanschild

oldmanschild New Member

hey Samar Singh

I have been reading through your articles... they are really, no matter you copied it from some place or not...but, all i see is that you have done a job of helping newbies like me... the information is really good...

People lets forget if he is taking credit for this or not...think about how this is going to help you... if he is pasting it from a different link... he is making our job easy..this is no contest to win for him..and he knows that...

Samar, don't mind all that sayings...you don't need to substantiate why you are doing this for! just go ahead... all I have to say is.."you are really helping the new guys out there"... including me there are about 6 people who have really benefited from your artciles... really- and I mean it.... Good Job dude..

Also, do you have any information for beginners.. .I have an electric guitar...ZOOM 505II processor... if you can share some information for starting up...it is much appreciated...

my email oops i removed it later!!!! sorry spammers!!!!

GOOD LUCK...people lets get benefited rather than pointing out! I hope you all understand what I mean!

8. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

@jozko
    Referring to samar of course.

9. jozko

jozko Banned

Can't agree with you more old man's child. I am thinking of starting an online newspaper shortly with contents copied from timesofindia.com hinduonnet.com etc and if it works i'll start www.bestofIGT.com with contents lifted from IGT. I hope Neo won't mind.
    btw dude don't post email ids here, against rules and u might be spammed. anyway i am newbee too. best

@AJ, i later realized

10. samar_singh

samar_singh New Member

Good song for beginers "One Headlight" by WALLFLOWER

Well this is one of my favorite ONE HEADLIGHT by WALLFLOWER it’s a beautiful song with beautiful start its a fast no but start from slow Tabs
    okay i m not master in strumming but i think if we play with DHIK CHICK DHAK CHIK strumming it will work and in between lil tabi kinda stuff i m sure this no is easy man. watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRuqJ6RuJhM

E||-------|---------------------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|
    B||-------|---------------------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|
    G||-------|--------0---2-------------|--------0---2-------------|---------------------------|
    D||-------|---------------------------|---------------------------|---5----4-----0----------|
    A||-------|-----0--------------------|-----0---------------------|-------------------0----2-|
    D||-------|--0-----------------------|--0------------------------|---------------------------|

Here most important thing is to notice is first to patch of tabs r same and the second patch is patch is on the 3 string that’s why this guitarist left the 3 rd string otherwise it will sound same I think this funda works sometime in most of the song its just my observation we should work on this funda rest of the masala I m chapoing from someone

G D
    So long ago, I don't remember when
    F#m Bm
    That's when they say I lost my only friend
    G D
    Well they said she died easy of a broken heart disease
    F#m Bm
    As I listened through the cemetary trees

I seen the sun comin' up at the funeral at dawn
    The long broken arm of human law
    Now it always seemed such a waste
    She always had a pretty face
    So I wondered how she hung around this place

E-----------------------------
    A-----------------------------
    D-----------------------------
    G-----------------------------
    B-----------------------------
    E--7-10- X6 -7-9- X8 -7-10----

Chorus:
    G
    Hey, come on try a little
    D
    Nothing is forever
    Em A
    There's got to be something better than

In the middle
    G
    But me and Cinderella
    D
    We put it all together
    Em A
    We can drive it home
    G D Em A
    With one headlight

She said it's cold
    It feels like independence day
    And I can't break away from this parade
    But there's got to be an opening
    Somewhere here in front of me
    Through this maze of ugliness and greed
    And I seen the sun up ahead
    At the county line bridge
    Sayin' all there's good and nothingness is dead
    We'll run until she's out of breath
    She ran until there's nothin' left
    She hit the end-it's just her window ledge

Chorus

E-------------------------------------
    A-------------------------------------
    D-------------------------------------
    G-------------------------------------
    B--0-3-7-10-5-7-3--------------------3
    E-----------------7-10-5-2-5-2-0-8-2--

Well this place is old
    It feels just like a beat up truck
    I turn the engine but the engine doesn't turn
    Well it smells of cheap wine and ciggerettes
    This place is always such a mess
    Sometimes I think I'd like to watch it burn
    I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
    Man, I aint changed but I know I aint the same
    But somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
    I think her death it must be killing me

11. oldmanschild

oldmanschild New Member

@jozko,

I agree to some extent... but my point is not to make samar disappointed man!!!! what do you say?..

btw, thanks for your advice on email id.... i shall instruct my fingers not to type my email id ;-)

12. Morbid_Angel

^
    Edit your previous post for email ID.

13. oldmanschild

oldmanschild New Member

@arnold... that was really helpful.. .thank you. Guys...just a thought... can you people (playing guitar from quite some time) post your warm up excersies that you do/were doing while you started learning guitar? .... how did you guys start learning .... I mean not anything in details, just snapshots for what you learnt... basically the structure of your learning ... ?

I think it will be of great help to newbies like me...

14. jozko

jozko Banned

you r right dude. the simple point was it is probably against rules here. He can link we all welcome. And it is much easier too. And samar is cool guy he keeps on posting:beer: . Yes don't expose email ID's these pages are crawled, cheers oldmanschild:beer: interesting ID

15. Morbid_Angel

@old man ka baccha
    Practice chromatic scale exercises. Then Scales. Simple Chord progressons.
    And go on go play some cool songs -_-

AND please also learn guitar scale/chord theory.

16. jozko

jozko Banned

oldmanschild, these days youtube google video etc has excellent vids teaching you to play guitar different styles, warm ups etc etc. You just search, some are by professionals even. Attending classes, i think, is best way, esp if tutor is good. But not all are lucky that way.

I am n00b doing it as hobby.
    But regular practice, learning theory and all is the proper way, I think. AJ is doing that i believe.
    best to u oldmanschild

17. samar_singh

samar_singh New Member

can someone post chord progression stuff

i dont know what is chord progression thing plz help me

18. Morbid_Angel

Yeh before joining IGT i knew no theory. i didn't even know maj scale pattern.

This website rocks Man !!

19. jozko

jozko Banned

:O ^ are u ok?

20. Morbid_Angel

^
    Why u ask?