Wav to Mp3 converter

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by laneymaney, Dec 28, 2006.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Hello again,
    Im in need of a Wav to Mp3 converter. Ive used a few but i dont like them. Any good ones out there that you guys suggest?

thanks,
    laney

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Db Power amp is a really good one to use. I used to use that before i started exporting Mp3's directly from the studio.

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ok cool thanks....and do u know how to use the "lame" encoder on Audacity? Ive also got an original Cubase LE with my G7 but im just learning my way around that...so i still use audacity....

4. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I suggest you start using the Cubase...Audacity is decent but does'nt have the features required. you might have an Mp3 encoder along with the Cubase so you can export directly as Mp3.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ill get to learning Cubase soon....ive basically understood it...but im more comfy with audacity atm...will learn Cubase tho..

cheers,
    laney

7. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

lol hahahah :p

8. Cheetah Audio Converter :cool:

9. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

If you are using Cubase or Audobe Audition, then its very simple to convert it with those progs, but there are lots of other progs over the internet doing the same.
    If you want to rip your Cd's, then FreeRip is a very easy tool, its freeware and very easy to use:
    https://www.mgshareware.com/frmmain.shtml

10. smithpal

smithpal New Member

Play the wav file in any audio editing/ converting software, suggests to try FlexiMusic Wave Editor. Using the "Save As" command, convert and save the wav files as Mp3. To save the files as Mp3, need to install a separate command line Mp3 encoder/ decoder. Lame win 32 will be of use.
    https://www.fleximusic.com/waveditor/overview.htm

11. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

laney u can pm me with exact details needed if u are workin on Cubase - i`ve been working with hands on knowledge as well....but have been doin this for sometime now (no time to read manuals :)) )

As for as simple conversion of wav to mp3 is concerned, CDeX has been one of the simplest and best s/ws for me, though I dont use it anymore. It is a CD ripping software that let's u rip to wav/mp3 as well as convert between wav & mp3.

U can use ur lame mp3 codec to encode mp3s on tht - it allows codec selection. However, i`ll recommend the RADIUM codec for extra high quality mp3 bitrates. CDeX allows me to encode based on a lotta parameter settings for Variable bitrate MP3s (VBR), which give me much better qlty though at bigger filesizes - but i`m a quality freak!

U can alternatively try out GOLDWAVE - u can use it to record stuph thru ur mic/line in or even sounds happenin on the PC thru ur soundcard - it allows u to add effects as well, trim parts, etc. etc. etc. Also, u can do u conversions to many formats thru GOLDWAVE.

12. subheet

subheet Member

You can use Xilisoft converters (both audio & video ones offer this conversion).
    Moreover there are loads more of file formats that it supports.

Anyways Db Power amp is a gud option too.