Wats Better? A truth dat brings a tear or a lie dat brings a smile??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by notty_lad, Oct 25, 2005.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Hey guys .. It's really something to think bout .. i mean juz this simple question can speak so much about our character .. bout da person inside us.. try to answer da question if u wanna know wat i'm talkin bout ..

2. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

well i guess honesty is the best policy. so instead of temporarily making a person happy u should help him understand the reality by speaking the truth. perhaps this will cause lesser problems than telling a lie and then the truth prevails causin more harm ..

3. tumhare_divya

tumhare_divya luvs 2 luv...lives 2 luv

umm ....this is a hard one...i feel that the truth should be said...even if it is a sad truth...BUT...i usually try to think of a remedy to their tears before i tell them... if you tell someone a painful truth...and leave them with it to mourn...what kind of a friend are you...the truth should be told...because sometimes being silent... is equivalent to lying ...because it just prolongs the time before they find the truth themselves...so basically...i say tell the truth...tears will spill...but do your part as a good person and be there to dry them...

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

I told ya!

Hey divya .. deep thoughts i must say .. but i was right wasn't I wen i said da it reveals so much of ur character.. ur a complete stranger to me but still i discovered two qualities bout u juz by this simple question .. first u are an honest person .. n secondly .. ur helpful to ur friendz a lot in times of despair :) .. NICE!

5. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

probably a lie that brings a smile .. i cant see my frnds in distress
    but im generally honest .. \m/

6. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

a lie tht makes someone smile!!! and doesnt hurt anyone else for me is above anything!!!
    Very few moments to smile....lots to cry for......so dont lose tht moment :beer:

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Depends on the kind of truth or lie it is.

If a friend fails in an exam and I know about it....I won't say "you've passed mate, congratulations" just to see him smile and then bring him down from that high to a low. That is a lie bringing a smile to his face but I would kill a person who does something like that.

I might downplay the truth a bit but I will never hide it. I'll give people the straight truth but then let them know that I'm there no matter what.

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

the lie......coz at least that person gonna smile b4 he knows the truth....

9. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Hmm

I see we have interesting views here .. but those who say a lie is better ? .. don't u think a person will be more hurt later when he comes to know da truth .. so its better isn't it .. to tell da truth n pacify da person .. instead of him realizin da truth later n feelin dejected ?

10. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

on second thought it really depends on the situation ..... if a lie won't harm in future then go for lie ...... else stick to honesty it all depends on how u analyse the situation and take a judgement

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

but what if the person never comes to know about the false statements ...

dude u gotta decide: whether 1. to keep eveyone (and yourself too) happy or 2. to tell the truth

it is matter of principles ...

some situations demand option 1, some option 2 ...
    u cannot generalise ... anyway the person who is judging the situation also has his own perceptions ... and ofcourse act accordingly ...

for me ... i cannot say ... it all depepnds on the situation ...

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

yeah .. it really does depend on da situation .. i juz hope i don't fall into such a situation where i cannot see someone's tears .. n i fear breaking a person's heart :(

13. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

good one.. just like gabbar singh in sholay.. he makes Kalia laugh ...then dishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaoooooooooonnnnnnn ( ab tera kya hoga kalia )

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

The truth will mostly make a person smile on the long term......if the truth makes that person cry, just stare at that person till he/she smiles....

15. truth is better

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

lie is anytime better but truth is anytime best!

17. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

lie is better than truth
    jaisa ki bhagwad geeta main likha hai
    ek jhoot agar kisi ka bhala kare to woh sau(100) sach ke samaan hai..

18. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

agar bala karega tho!:p:

19. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

jo generally nahin karta... :p:

20. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^hahhahaha!yeah!:RollLol: