wat changes should b mad 2 da features of av3??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ankit55, Dec 20, 2008.

1. ankit55

ankit55 New Member

wat changes should b made 2 da features of av3??

here r da features greg bennett av3....

Single cutaway mahogany body
    Bound, carved, flamed top
    Bound, mahogany set neck
    Nut width 1⅝″
    Rosewood fingerboard (12″ radius)
    Crown inlay
    22 fret, 24″ scale
    Chrome hardware
    Grover™ A102-C, 14:1 ratio tuners
    Stop tailpiece with adjustable bridge
    Dual humbucker pickups
    2 volume and 2 tone controls
    3-way selector switch

wat changes or improvements should b made in dis guitar...???plz mention y da presnt features rn't dat gud....

2. vicks_virgo

vicks_virgo New Member

I would love to have a single coil pickup in addition to the two humbuckers for that clean sound.

3. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

maybe it should be a 24 or 26 fret guitar........coz da lower frets are harder to play on dat axe..............

4. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Its a fine guitar...u dont need to change or add nething! Well for tat matter the only thing u can change r the pickups,which i dnt recommend.
    I have played it...IMO its way better than ibanez grgs.

5. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

replace stock Pickups wid emg 81/85....it'll sound kiler!!!!

6. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

My comments below are based on the assumption that you have the guitar and are planning to better it. If it's a generic question about features and all, I'll leave that to the product designers at the respective companies.

What is the top wood material? Is it maple?? Maple veneer/phototop/cap? The woods used define the tonal characteristics of the guitar, and modifications to pickups/hardware should be done keeping in mind.
    Having said that, Active pickups disregard most everything. :)

What material is the nut? If its plastic, replacing it with a bone/graphtec would lend a lot of tuning stability. What condition is the fretboard in? Oiling it might help. Open the control cavity and check out the hardware. I'm pretty sure you'll have ceramic capacitors which can be replaced by PIOs for a much better tone.

What kind of pickups are there? PAF or high output? Do you have an idea of the pickup resistances? Are the pickups 4 conductor? If yes, you could wire them for split coil.
    Is the truss rod adjusted and the guitar intonated properly?
    Is the set neck a short tennon or a long tennon. Although you can hardly do anything about it, it helps to know. You could upgrade to a wraparound tailpiece for more sustain.

Innumerable number of small tweaks/upgrades to a guitar can be done, all of which help in improving some or all of the features/characteristics of the guitar. It depends on your interests, availability of time and budget to undertake these.