washburn hb35 - made in japan - for sale

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nandac, Aug 9, 2008.

1. nandac

nandac New Member

this is a es-335 clone - a semi-hollow classic in tobacco burst. made in japan sometime in the mid 80s. some slight wear in the first two frets. but other than that it is built like a tank and in very good condition - the fretboard and the back of the neck are without blemish. exceptional playability - very comfortable neck. the stock pickups are loud and powerful - great for blues and rock. comes with a beat up hardcase but servicable still. these mij models are rare and prized for their quality and considered by many to be the numero uno clone of the es 335 - check harmony central reviews. available in bangalore. 20k.

2. nandac

nandac New Member

pic of hb35

here's a picture of the hb35 from the internet. mine has more of a flame finish than this.

Attached Files:

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Hey man. I'm interested could you let me know the reason for selling and where do you stay in bangalore so that i can come check it out.. Thanks

4. sridhar11_2

Also do you know what year exactly it was manufactured. Is it a string through body design? And is the pickup switch down by the control knobs?

5. nandac

nandac New Member

washburn hb35

i think it is 1984. yes the control switch is by the volume/tone knobs - the clear pointer that it was made in japan. the other indicators are the shape of the headstock, the rounded "mickey mouse" ears and the shape of the pickguard.

i live in ulsoor near cambridge road.

i'm currently in the usa. give me some time and i'll let you know about how/when you can take a look at it personally.

6. nandac

nandac New Member

hb35

why am i selling it?

it is in india and i'm in the usa and i need the cash.

about string thru body - if you are asking whether you need to put the string through the body when you string the guitar like a strat - that is not so as you can see in the picture.

if you are asking if the neck and the center block is one piece like an extended long neck tenon (like the old washburn japanese wing series) - i don't think so nor do i think any semi-hollow guitar is made like that. but the merits of a long neck tenon are exaggerated - believe me as i have played some.

7. sridhar11_2

I think the '81-'82 guitars had the string through design. Thats why i asked.

Attached Files:

8. nandac

nandac New Member

hey sorry for the delayed reply. yes those models were string through. but this is a different model and built more like the traditional 335.