Washburn,Greg Bennet or Ibanez?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Iraqita_EP, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Im looking for a guitar within a range of 10,000-18,000
    I want a guitar wid two humbuckers and two seperate volume control for the pups........i play RATM,Metallica,Blink182,Sum 41,Maiden,Jimmy Eat World,Simple Plan,etc
    i was thinking about dis guitar
    https://www.bharatmusichouse.com/pr_detail.asp?Maincatid=A&ProdID=367
    but it doesnt hav a tremolo..........can i hav one put in seperately??
    please recommend other guitars as well

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

in my opinion...stay away from Ibanez in India....i had a really hard time with them .......if i were you id add ESP to my list and wait for 15 days.....they are coming to www.bajaao.com soon ......just stay as far from Ibanez as possible and you wont regret it...

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

All 3 are good but get an Ibanez only if ur within ur into the 17-18k range ya u could wait for the ESP's too

@laneymaney DUDE calm down,yes uv had problems but its just that you werent careful while buying it and that the shop hoodwinked u with a dud !!!

4. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

can i fit a tremolo in the washburn guitar??

5. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

Right said Devil. i feel sorry for him though. very much. i would love to own a ibanez but hmm right now i am off too ESP's ah.

@Iriquta - what ever you want to buy do see if it plays good(dont bother which maker it is not too particular, all that matters is if the final product is great go for it) and have a thorough check at your guitar(just in case u dont meet up with the same problem as laney sorry for the dude).
    All the best.

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

lol im frustrated thats all...ignore my posts if u want but just beware of Ibanez.......

7. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^ DUDE i checked out the pix within ur album ........The crack is real bad also the nut is BADLY setup....Im sorry for you.But i seriously advice you to sell it off at some real low rate soon coz, i think if the crack is widening at a constant rate then itll really go deep within the next 6 months and render it useless.

And dont warn people of Ibanez..............Warn people of that Sapthaswara music store you bought the guitar from !!!

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

its not widening actually.....its stable now...got some help from luthier from Jackson guitars

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i can sell the parts separately on ebay for about 300$ without selling the body
    thats my last resort

10. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

laney i would suggest u do that, sell it off and get a really good guitar from it.

11. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^^which luthier from jackson guitars ??? & where ?

12. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey laney just checked the photos. man thats some crack u got there near the nut.
    just one question, Are u sure that didnt drop the guitar or if something happend without ur knowledge? cause thats not really common mate. either the shop duped u in buying it or some thing dropped on it.
    This will always be a probelm when u are adjusting the truss,change string guage or do make any adjustment. think u better sell it of as u said.

13. arvindzin

arvindzin New Member

Go for the washburn N2 nuno bettencourt issue.....its got all u want....a licensed floyd rose, 2 really good humbuckers the one on the bridge KICKSASS,and its 20k im sure u can splurge an extra 2K.......

14. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey one more thought this could have happend dude to soem worng adjustment with the truss rod when adjusting the neck settings. Did u ever change the guage and adjusted the neck?

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

that idol will (supposedly) feel similar to an sg. thin body, 24.75" scale, 22 frets
    it has a basswood body so the sound shouldn't be too bad. as compared to the wi64 (which is 18k online in the us), it has a bolt on neck not set neck (wi64 and above), standard tuners.

i'm trying my best to get me a wi64 or wi64d from the us by mid next year :)

16. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

im going to this week to bharat and onstage and try out the guitars........if the guitar is available on bajaao.com ill get it from there..............ne more recommendations...........wat will be the approx price of the ESP??and where can i go and try them out?

17. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

24 frets waala washburn nahin hai kya??

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i suck at hindi...all i can say in hindi is lauda ka ball....always failed....umm ill ask the guy at bajaao when there coming for SURE...and i think you can go and check em out there itself...i donno im not from bombay...im ordering them online
    and he said if i didnt like it i could send it back...ive ordered my laney amp from him so i can take his word

Prices vary
    50 series - 10-15k
    150/200 series - 20-22k
    250 series - 25-30k

19. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

thats a pretty decent price tag for the ESP's mate. Do try other guitars too. No idea about washburn cause never tried them though i heard they are really good too. all the best go take your time in the shop play as long as u like then decide. all the best.

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

prices vary....and they will be coming sometime soon......ETA is 15th but there is gonna be a delay if u ask me