Warpigs Covered By Pipers

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Dec 19, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

This is our cover of Warpigs recroded in Opus. It's originally performed by Black Sabbath in their Paranoid Album. These are few mess ups in our version but I thougt I will still go ahead and post it...
    The known bugs are
    1. Vocalist forgets a line. :beer:
    2. In the beginning of Luke's Wall part of it, one bar is missing. This was due to a recording hardware problem. It sounds like we have missed out something. It's the recording hardware :mad: .
    3. I miss timing when I am about to start the 2nd solo.
    4. I screw up the Em7 Arpeggios at the end of the song...The song ends with that Arpeggios and I messed it up...:mad:

Both the solos are improvised there with the base ideas from the original solo.

And finally feedbacks please.......

www.soundclick.com/anand and check it out in the Music Section

or click this

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=336045

2. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

me likey! overall tht is...

3. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey man nice one.Liked it on the whole. cool dude.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dude, the riff covering the verse.
    There is something amiss in that.

5. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

nice work dude...

6. ronnieanand

The riff during the verse part consists of two different sections. One while the vocals are on and another while the vocals are not there..ie between the vocals. Here are the differences.
    1. The Em triad slide is slow and longer in the original. It's fast and shorter in our version.
    2. There is a slight difference between guitar and bass in the original. I made modifications to the bass line to be in line with the guitar. This makes the band sound more tighter.
    3. In the part of the verse when the vocals go on, in the original he hits the F# note and bends to G with a vibrato. I hit the G note straight. I used to go that F# thingy before but I felt this sounds tighter for the band 'cos the bass player plays the G note. This robs a bit of original groove but results in a tighter sounding band.
    4. The original patch is a medium gain patch with low drive and sustain whereas my patch is high gain with high drive and sustain. I always prefer a slow gain patch with low drive and sustain for Rhythm and a high drive patch for solo but I dont have the two channel option like an amp.

Let me know if you find any other differences....

7. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I found myself cringing everytime ur vocalist started singin.... That guy is scary. U ought to consider turning up the guitars and decreasing the vocals in the mix.

The solo is pretty good on its own, but it sorta feels out of place in the song.

Just gave it a quick listen, so cant say more.

I LOVED the tone on ur Purple Haze recording, was that the Fatal Tube or the BD2? Something tells me u used the Tubescreamer for that.

The solo was Beautiful!! The bassy's solo was funky :beer:

I'll listen to them properly tonight and tell u the rest :beer:

8. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

All bouncers....and u called urself a nOOb ? :grin:

*picks up worn out acoustic and strums to small tunes in awe*

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:shock:
    And what about the mutitude of pedals?
    :shock:

10. ronnieanand

The mix was clean in the venue. The recording mix came out like that with very high vocal volume plus it's a mono too, so no chance of EQing the vocal volume.

Both Warpigs and Purple Haze were played completely with Fatal Tube on Full Gain. Nothing else being used. But for the Purple Haze Rhythm I turned down my volume knob to reduce the gain.

Do you feel both the solos are out of place or the first one. I kinda get that feeling on the first solo but the original kinda closely resembles it. Can you describe it a bit more...

11. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

dude...i just heard ur cover of purple hazee...i really liked that one compared to warpigss....nice job on that

12. Ridge87701

Ridge87701 New Member

Well, all I'd say is, that Purple Haze is better than Warpigs.
    Also, eh, I think I agree with double click.
    The vocalist is, ahem... the less said, the better.
    I would also recommend, turning the vocal mic low and guitar/drums/bass high to cover it up a bit.

The first solo was completely out. I mean, not COMPLETELY, but lets say, ComPLeteLy out. The second was better, but then again, since it was a cover comparison DOES creep in, despite you playing it in your own style, which was a good thing.

Why don't you guys play self comps? Atleast post a few for us to hear, preferably without vocals :-D

Not bad overall. Keep it up.

13. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

Good job.................................