Wanted: Good Acoustic ~ 25k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Mar 3, 2012.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Thanks Vader... I'm planning for a trip to Mumbai for the same... Any place anyone knows where I can try out my hands on these guitars??? Also, I have increased the price from 25 to 45k... As, I thought that would be an appropriate price for a good acoustic... A thing to cherish lifelong... Till I buy a Gibson Humming Bird...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. vendettarevived

vendettarevived New Member

Musician's Mall, furtados, bhargava's.

3. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Thanks for the efforts Vader. I think I'll have to carry a list to the shop when I go... To try out...

4. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

I know Furtados & Bhargavas, near the MEtro Cinema... Where is Musicaians Mall?

5. wylder

wylder Member

Vader's descriptions for the 2 Yamahas I've tried are pretty accurate. I found the Yamaha APX more like lacking depth/lows rather than crisp. The FG is pretty well balanced indeed.

If you are looking to play mostly plugged in, you should give Ovations a try. I played on one of these with a medium bowl a while back and found the synthetic backs very comfy. Didn't sound as great unplugged though.

6. Guitarnewb101

Guitarnewb101 New Member

Dunno about the best, but I have some pretty great Takamines. Always consider a takamine.

7. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

hmm... now things are getting confusing, until i really get into action n try out...

8. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

+1, Takamines are indeed good guitars for the price.

9. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hmm... Im gng to try it

10. Guitarnewb101

Guitarnewb101 New Member

Just a general question to everyone - Is washburn available in India??

11. Sayanta

Sayanta New Member

^...i have also very similar question...my budget is 15000...really want to know if washburn is available in india or not...i stay at kolkata...and really need a good acoustic guitar...

12. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

I dont know... ANyone one plz... Even I wanna know...

13. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Online on Bajaao, it is. I haven't seen any Washburn acoustics in stores though.

One member here recently purchased a Walden. I think it was a G730CE, he was very happy with his purchase. I think Walden has a lot to offer for the price. Saptaswara and Furtado's had some Walden guitars in store if I remember the content of the thread correctly.

14. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Walden... A new name adds the search now...

15. firearm12

firearm12 New Member

Try a yamaha LL6. I have got this guitar and i think it sounds fantastic. Here is a review [non-english though]

Yamaha

16. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

I saw the video. Dont know what to say, but sounded general to me... May be something better would do.

17. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

BTW - Whats the price?

18. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

The search begins... Saw many guitars at Musicians Mall & Furtados... I have booked Taylor GS Mini (41k) ... I felt that to be the best... out of Cort, Yamaha L, Ibanez, Taylor 110, Taylor Big B... What you guys think??