Wanted: Good Acoustic ~ 25k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Mar 3, 2012.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

I think going for a good company lower models will be average, but a average company's higher models will be far more better... What u think?

2. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

3. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

GS Mini is a great sounding guitar, and the best part is its size, just about right, its a little smaller than a Jumbo Dreadnought Acoustic......
    As for the Big brand lower end guitars are average vs average brand's high end are great funda - I would like to say, there are very few brands like Takamine, Yamaha, Ovation and some more where you may find great guitars for the price.....But the way a Taylor is made, is fantastic, right from their bottom end guitars which are still made in the USA....most of the guitars by the brands mentioned above (other than Taylor) aren't made in USA, Hence the quality is inferior.........NO I am NOT endorsing anyone, just saying, its purely my opinion.....I am so fond of taylors as i have tried many for hours, and everytime they sound fantastic.

PS - I own one too...

4. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

seagulls are made in canada crafted in usa...coming to ovation cc24.it has a laminate top but great build quality...especially the neck is very slim...but the lyrachord back or turtle back is a bit difficult to handle coz the guitar will slip from the lap frequently...otherwise a great guitar...

5. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

you're funda is good but dont expect the best models of givson are great ;)

6. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

+1........................

7. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

How many years it has been with u? (Taylor BABY?)

8. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hey, that was nice !!! Ha ha. I did not mean it so hard... It was a gross statement. Well said!!!

9. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Arya sridhar, I just learnt from your statement that Buying a US made guitar is always good that a good brand Indian made guitar. Ok. Hmm, well I am searching for it. I think I'll personally visit Mumbai's Furtados & check out Taylor's for a couple of days along with takamine & gibsons. Then will decide. I really liked mini Taylor. It fits my price, travel plans, etc. Will check it out specifically.

10. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I am not against Indian Made guitars, if any, however the Taylors are good, I own a Baby Taylor and love it to death. Its compact, sounds good and plays really well, Solid Spruce Top, Sapele laminate back/sides

It has a bowed back, that gives a little more projection when compared to flat backed guitars of similar size, and a little more volume too.
    Below are the specs of the Baby Taylor
    Baby Taylor | Taylor Guitars

Hope this helps you zero down on what you want and like, all the best mate.

11. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

For about a year now

12. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Infact even Walden guitars give u the same specs..Solid Spruce Top, mahogany Neck, back/sides.

We find taylors great coz the way they are setup(factory setup) they are simply outstanding...So the moment u pick up the guitar u love it...

Waldens do offer almost the same specs and features at competitive prices....

13. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I agree with you, I had tried a walden sometime back, it was about 8.5k i think....I cant recall the name of that specific model, they said it was a walden company product, it was fantastic sounding....

14. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Waldens in the range of 8.5 - 9.5k dont have a Solid top. The one which is for around 14.5k i think D550CE(6 string)(not sure about the model name) model has great specs..Solid Spruce Top, Mahogany Neck, back and sides...I am planning to buy one of that..Or may be D552 same specs except this one is a 12 string..And these are NOT Acoustic/Electric

15. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Ok, I tried a low end walden, and that sounded great to me...I do not know about their higher end stuff.

16. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Ya I am watching the reviews & sound of taylor guitars on youtube... I'll get back then..

17. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hey, one important question... Doesnt it have a JACK CABLE for live???

18. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Do you mean an inbuilt pickup system to plug in to an amp? NO.....Those Taylors are a lot more expensive. But you can get a sound hole pickup like a Seymour Duncan woody for about 4k or so, no holes needed....

19. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hmm... Ok Thanks...

20. Vader

Vader New Member

I've always wanted to play the seagull but never got a chance...
    so i cant really comment but the reviews are out of this world!
    If you can do check out this guitar, i was surprised it was even mentioned (guess ppl are doing their research these days! :p)

Washburn D10SDL - My friend claims this is his fav guitar ever.
    many ppl love it
    the sound is great. But i didnt really like how the neck felt in my hand
    acc. to me the playability was inferior even to the cheaper Yamaha fgs

Yamaha FG 750s
    Higher range FG
    This is the best acoustic i have played till date outside a music shop including your lower end taylors
    everything is perfect from action to feel to playability to even weight....

Yamaha APX 500
    Slightly cheaper than the other two but deserves a mention
    very crisp sound
    not as good as fg 750s but def worth more than its price
    check it out

then there are taylor/martins
    i've played very few taylors and one martin and dont remember the model no.s or the price range(i just remember they were out of budget :p)

fantastic guitars i doubt you could go wrong there
    fg750s is still my fav but but one of the taylors was in a complete league of its own(guess it must be costlier)...

if you are however looking for a guitar with an inbuilt pick up do check out takamine...

Acoustic Guitars good for especially good for recording:
    Takamine
    Ibanez EWC30ASE

other guitars with very good reviews but which i havent played:
    Epiphone Masterbuilt AJ-500M
    Yamaha L Series LL6