Wanted: Good Acoustic ~ 25k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Mar 3, 2012.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hi, I am planning to buy a good acoustic guitar.

Plz guide a/t-

1. Jumbo Dreadnought
    2. Good for LIVE performances
    3. Jack/Cord facility
    4. ~20-25k
    5. Good for finger picking

TAKAMINE/GIBSON/FENDER any good company...

Plz suggest... I am buying it in a next couple of months from Mumbai...

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

try out yamaha l series and walden supernatura or natura series...and try to stick with solid body guitars as much as possible...forget gibson in your price range...takamine's arent that good ...you may try fender and ibanez too...furtados near metro adlabs dhobitalao is a good shop...and yes go for cutaways for extending your playing capabilities

3. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

i m not sure if any Taylor acoustic fits UR budget. Check it out.
    Ibanez has sum really good guitars in upper Price range.

4. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Hey...
    Why don't you try out Martin Guitars? They are fantastic guitars and priced very well
    Check out this link below
    OnStage Music Factory
    I have seen many martin's @ onstage.co.in and they are great sounding guitars....priced well.....and are dreadnought....
    Other than Martin, Takamine' are great tooo, I had one and loved it.
    In your budget, and if purchased from India, Taylors would be a lot more expensive for what you want, though they are the best acoustic guitars i must say......if you like the Baby Taylor --- You may get it within your price range...
    The fender acoustics available here in India, are not made in the USA.....Taylor or Martin would get you USA made ones, but expensive....get one which you can cherish all your life......have a good one....

5. Sumanovo razor

martins are way expensive ...39k starting price...

6. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Man, what a mess.....I read the budget as 35k instead of 25, my bad......There are some takamine's that are great, and can be purchased for about 21k or so....I would still say, go for anything but fender, Yamaha's are good in that price range....if you are fine with a small guitar.....Go for a Taylor Baby......I own one and must say, its a fantastic guitar........and get a sound hole pickup, like a Seymour Duncan Woody......I have that as well and i find it sounds really good for the price.....so for 25k you can have a good acoustic setup.....
    Look for Takamine, if you like to get a full sized jumbo Dreadnought guitar, or maybe a Yamaha......

7. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

I can extend my budget bit till 35-40k too, if I would have a good guitar... And if that difference really would matter for the quality of the guitar...

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You coming out with a record pretty soon ... ?

9. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Well then look for the ones i mentioned in my post.....

10. Sumanovo razor

try seagull s6....best guitar for 40k ...they are better than lower end taylors and martin's....you'll get them in saptaswara musicals chennai

11. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I Disagree with you on this, I do not know about Martins. but low end Taylors are best value of money, both in terms of how they are made and how they sound, e.g. GS Mini, is a small guitar, but sounds like a huge dreadnought.....I am saying this from experience.....

12. Sumanovo razor

i was comparing that with taylor 110e...anyways they are different beasts coz one is made up of cedar top and the other spruce...liking something is subjective.

13. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Hey Just observed, that you are from Jamehsdpur.....I was born and brought up there, even though i am a south indian....

14. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

well the Taylors in the Price range upto 25k arent that good(i mean value for money). Thats Wat i was being told by the shopkeeper. I know him quiet well. He said if one wants to buy Taylor series the high ends above 30k are extremely good.

15. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

There are hardly any Taylor's except the Baby Taylor that can be bought under 25k in India.....and the next would be the Big Baby Taylor....that is just a bigger version of the Baby Taylor......and then comes the GS Mini, which for its small size is really good, you need to play it to believe it, and the rest are 42k+ which basically is the 100 and 110 series....and so on.

16. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

17. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Thanks a lot all of you... I am just scrollong doen the taylor websites for the pics. The search is on. I would buy the guitar in June 1st week most prob. After my exams.

18. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

GS mini the size is quiet good, I actually wanted some guitar that I could carry with me on few trips, & vacations & sit playing anywhere I want. This size is good. With a case. But the jumbo is a jumbo afterall.

19. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

No Alpha1, im not coming up with a record. If I would had to, I would certainly buy a Gibson Humming bird which is my DREAM GUITAR...

(Is it around 1.5L in India?)

20. Sumanovo razor

you gotta check this out

saptaswara.in/product-details/western-instruments/coastline-s6-slim-/3/1511

great bang for your buck guitars...they have western cedar tops which usually you'll get in higher end models...spruce tops need time to open up...but this is not with cedar .they have a constant rich mellow with high clarity sound right from the beginning